This topic has been locked
Drachehexe Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:43pm
Steam should boycott selling Ubispoft titles that require U-Play
Seriously, U-Play sucks ♥♥♥. Neve rgonna buy another Ubi game unless/until U-Play is not required for the gane for any reason whatsoever.

I think a petition to Steam needs to be done, U-Play is ruining some of the best gaming franchises ever. My recent experience with U-Pay and AC IV and Blacklist have bene absolute horrible.

Come on people, unite against U-play!!
Last edited by Drachehexe; Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:09am
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
TirithRR Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:43pm 
I've got half a dozen Uplay games, and they actually reward me for achievements...

Not sure what your problem is, but it works just fine for me :)
ONe_mOMENT Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:48pm 
Ruining, hardly. That's like back in the day when people were saying Steam Ruined Half-life 2 (There are people that still don't use Steam to this day.). If you don't like Uplay, don't buy Ubisoft games, its that simple. Just as people that don't like Steam / Origin shouldn't be buying Valve / EA games.

And I doubt Valve would want to get rid of Ubisoft titles, as that means they lose their cut when its sold on here.
Last edited by ONe_mOMENT; Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:49pm
Drachehexe Feb 23, 2014 @ 8:29pm 
and they actually reward me for achievements

Ooh yes, because hunting down a particular achievement so that you can get a wallpaper or a new and barely visible cosmetic item for a multiplayer character is just such a meaniful reward. Considering the number of multiplayer "rewards" I got and I don't even play multiplayer the rewards are even les than worthless.

And I doubt Valve would want to get rid of Ubisoft titles

Didn't say to get rid of Ubisoft titles, just make Ubisoft titles not require U-Play. I love Ubisoft games; Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Price of Persia...but U-Play is DRM disguised as a gamer friendly front end that isn't the least bit friendly for gamers and is an incredibly easy DRM to circumvent.

As for my problems, concerning my recent purchases of Black Flag and Blacklist (two titles with black, maybe unlucky?) the U-Play front end has given me more problems and issues than I have ever experienced with Origin, GFWL, and Steam combined.

Last edited by Drachehexe; Feb 23, 2014 @ 8:34pm
Pug Feb 23, 2014 @ 9:59pm 
Something you may not have considered:

Many of the UPlay based titles use it for multiplayer. Once a game maker has chosen UPlay for their game, more coding would have to go into making it a non-UPlay game...
So, you should be blaming the game makers that are choosing UPlay. If it's a bother to you (which I agree it is), then do not support the title with your money.
Canti Feb 23, 2014 @ 11:17pm 
I've had to use Uplay with Rayman Legends. I had no issues with it. After logging in first time, the game would launch from Steam without even having to do anything else with it.
Black Blade Feb 24, 2014 @ 3:06am 
Originally posted by DracheHexe:
Didn't say to get rid of Ubisoft titles, just make Ubisoft titles not require U-Play. I love Ubisoft games; Assassins Creed, Splinter Cell, Price of Persia...but U-Play is DRM disguised as a gamer friendly front end that isn't the least bit friendly for gamers and is an incredibly easy DRM to circumvent.
What you did say is boycut ubisoft to when they stop putting there games on UPlay+Steam but only Steam

Why you may not think abut is that if Steam dose tell Ubisoft something like that Ubisoft may just leave... EA/Origen as much as i know left Steam all ready and sale all there new games on Origen only why? as they are known and do not need Steam any more to show off there games

Ubisfot.. well a little hard really i think they are known but i do not think that much so they seem to think that they earn more using also Steam then only UPlay
So if Valve will tell them you have to recode your games to work with Steam only or we are not saleing your games what do you think will happen?
Will ubisoft go and recode many of there games for that?
Or will they just take off there games from Steam and move to UPlay only? (that mean more profit for them in the end)
ReBoot Feb 24, 2014 @ 9:14am 
SNeve rgonna buy another Ubi game unless/until U-Play is not required for the gane for any reason whatsoever.
Then don't buy these games. Problem solved. Who are you to dictate what other people can buy?
Drachehexe Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:12am 
Originally posted by ReBoot:
Who are you to dictate what other people can buy?

Who the hell are you to put words in my mouth? Either learn to read or learn the definition of "petition". Here's a hint; it's not the same as "dictate".
ReBoot Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:16am 
Who are you to dictate what other people can buy?

Who the hell are you to put words in my mouth? Either learn to read or learn the definition of "petition". Here's a hint; it's not the same as "dictate".
Here's what you said "Steam should boycott selling Ubispoft titles that require U-Play"
It's the same as "It should be impossible for anyone to buy Uplay games on Steam".
ppinheiro1986 Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:24am 
Steam should be able, when the user wants it, to inherit the game from UPLay and all the info about the gameplay with it. Because the power to chose what provider you want, should be in the USER not in the seller or creator of the game.

I have been playing Assassins Creed since the first, and I wanted to go from UPlay to Steam and I can't, that should really be solved, please Steam, listen to us and solve this...
Last edited by ppinheiro1986; Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:25am
Drachehexe Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:26am 
It should be impossible for anyone to buy Uplay games on Steam".

And what's wrong with that? It doesn't stop you from buying U-Play games. If you want to buy a U-Play title buy directly form the U-Play interface. I fyou want to buy through Steam the U-Play interface can go to hell. In a perfect world Ubisoft will get rid of U-Play altogether.

But I don't care if you or the queen's god damn uncle LIKE U-Play, fine, have it all to yourself. Just don't think the rest of us should love just because you do.
Last edited by Drachehexe; Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:28am
ReBoot Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:31am 
It should be impossible for anyone to buy Uplay games on Steam".

And what's wrong with that?
You're being a dictator. That's what's wrong.
Drachehexe Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:36am 
You're being a dictator. That's what's wrong.

You keep using that word. I don not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited by Drachehexe; Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:36am
Laptop65 Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:36am 
Yeah... this isn't going to happen because of some DRM client.

And I've had 0 issues with Uplay since I started using it. Really no idea what the fuss is all about.
Drachehexe Feb 24, 2014 @ 10:37am 
Originally posted by Laptop65:

And I've had 0 issues with Uplay since I started using it. Really no idea what the fuss is all about.

You don't read the U-Play/Ubisoft forums then do you....
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 23, 2014 @ 3:43pm