♥Cutie Pyro♥ Feb 15 @ 12:34am
NEW IDEA FOR STEAM
They should add points for achivments kinda like xbox live where we can make our charecter/avatar. So we can buy shirts for the avatar and earn more achivments sorry for bad spelling and this is my first post so if somthing i did is rong pls tell me so i can remove this discussion or edit it ok thanks!
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
soal5367 Feb 15 @ 12:38am 
To be honest. No. I disagree, however this is the interenet and you will have that. If you are looking for something like that, x-box is of course the first thing that pops up. I do not want steam to be like x-box. There are already acheivments and showcases for them so people can show off what they have done.
♥Cutie Pyro♥ Feb 15 @ 12:42am 
yea but will it be better if u can earn like some kind of credit to unlocking other stuff like trading cards?
We have Steam levels, and those should just about cover your "useless e-peen number" needs. Seriously, do achievement points on Xbox actually do anything?
|x|Sirius|x| Feb 15 @ 2:09am 
Originally posted by Melvin, the Lord of Darkness:
We have Steam levels, and those should just about cover your "useless e-peen number" needs. Seriously, do achievement points on Xbox actually do anything?
As far as I know, you do get actual points for getting achievments, so one can buy
addons, DLC and stuff for them.
How effective that is, however, I have no clue of.
Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball Feb 15 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by |x|Sirius|x|:
Originally posted by Melvin, the Lord of Darkness:
As far as I know, you do get actual points for getting achievments, so one can buy
addons, DLC and stuff for them.
How effective that is, however, I have no clue of.

Ah, Xbox Live Rewards, something they only just implemented. Turn your e-peen into cash! Not sure how much cash, though, I can't imagine it would be very much. Aside from which, you need, according to the site, at least 5000 points before you can bank them into money, yet the most difficult achievements are only worth 50.
Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball Feb 15 @ 11:22am 
Incidentally that could easily be abused to hell and back. There's cheat unlockers out there for people who want the e-peen but are too stupid to actually earn it. They would absolutely demolish the system.
|x|Sirius|x| Feb 15 @ 11:35am 
Maybe one of the reasons why it's dying and will be put to rest during the next few months.
xsafro Feb 15 @ 12:04pm 
I feel like i'm the only one to have noticed this on this thread, but doesn't this not belong here?
This doesn't relate at all to Borderlands.
♥Cutie Pyro♥ Feb 15 @ 12:29pm 
im sorry but idk where to but it its my first time
SlackerBoe Feb 15 @ 12:31pm 
I'm all for points to unlock wallpapers/concept art/other unimportant extras!
Dallas Feb 15 @ 12:34pm 
how about free games!!!
♥Cutie Pyro♥ Feb 15 @ 12:36pm 
this is what im thinking 3-4 bought games all achevments for 1 lame game and 10-13 games for a good game like COD:ghost
Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball Feb 15 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by SlackerBoe:
I'm all for points to unlock wallpapers/concept art/other unimportant extras!

Ubisoft's Uplay app actually does that. It's the only really cool feature about it.

Originally posted by xXVioletXx:
this is what im thinking 3-4 bought games all achevments for 1 lame game and 10-13 games for a good game like COD:ghost

Do you want to form that thought into a coherent sentence?
SlackerBoe Feb 15 @ 12:44pm 
@melvin

I have an AC 3 wallpaper right now from uplay. I think it would be the perect thing to tie into acheivements. Cool enough for people to enjoy, but not importants enough to make it a huge deal.

@Vioet

There are far too many ways to cheese acheivements to make that a realistic system.
shadowslayer Feb 15 @ 12:44pm 
cod:ghost is a bad game
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 15 @ 12:34am