guppy Feb 13 @ 8:00pm
Make the reviews have a sort by date option.
I was looking at the reviews of some games that were released buggy and there is no option that I could find that would sort reviews by date. I wanted to see recent reviews for the game not reviews from months ago before patches.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Workster Feb 13 @ 8:06pm 
You're absolutely right that Valve should put a option to sort by time.It really should have been put in from the start but they should be able to easily do it now.Steam in general needs more options for finding information on games but they are at least moving in the right direction.
Black Blade Feb 14 @ 2:04am 
There is all ready i think... just set sort by recently updated?
guppy Feb 14 @ 1:14pm 
I see no sort option. Just a filter with the option of listing most helpful, only positve and only negative.
noblerinthemind1 Apr 7 @ 10:03am 
Yeah, no date option that I can see. Bump, good call OP.
noblerinthemind1 Apr 7 @ 3:52pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/252490/reviews/

Show Most Recent

This link is for the "hub" page. However on the store page, at the bottom, there are reviews:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

I believe most consumers are going to see that rather than have the foresight and intuition to think to themselves that, of course, the other review section with date sorting, the one with more options, is in the "community hub". And everyone buying a game knows what the "community hub" is. Point being, it would be a lot easier if the Steam app included the date filter in the store page, especially with all the alpha release games (like Rust, or Space Engineers) that, in theory, change every update. But thanks for the link. It's helpful for me. Still can't decide on Space Engineers though ;-)
Black Blade Apr 7 @ 3:57pm 
Well think abut it.. if it was on the store page why not to put it when you hover over the game XD
The store reviews need to be recent and also be high on votes.... so it needs to help there
2Moon Apr 7 @ 3:58pm 
really good idea + 10
guppy Apr 8 @ 7:21pm 
Yes to clarify I am writing about the store page. I do not like to use the hub page for reviews as it is more work. As a consumer I want things to require little physical and mental energy when I use them. Having to click and wait for a hub page to load and then go through more clickable lists to get close to the sort order I want just makes me think a google search of the game and then finding it on another service might be easier.

May sound a little harsh but this is the way most people are when buying. Only lower price can lure a loyal customer away if the customer experience is easy.
Last edited by guppy; Apr 8 @ 7:23pm
Black Blade Apr 9 @ 4:27am 
Originally posted by guppy:
Yes to clarify I am writing about the store page. I do not like to use the hub page for reviews as it is more work. As a consumer I want things to require little physical and mental energy when I use them. Having to click and wait for a hub page to load and then go through more clickable lists to get close to the sort order I want just makes me think a google search of the game and then finding it on another service might be easier.

May sound a little harsh but this is the way most people are when buying. Only lower price can lure a loyal customer away if the customer experience is easy.
Well I do not think its so good as it show only a list and it takes longer to pass from one to one even more when you have it all in the hub

So what i will maybe suggest is why not to suggest to have a link to the review in the Hub from the store page? that will take down most of the clicks and will take them down for abut 3 from the store page (Link to reviews, Sort list open, Select most recent.)
Last edited by Black Blade; Apr 9 @ 4:27am
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 13 @ 8:00pm