Leonard Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:45pm
How come valve does not focus on the more requested features?
They added tags today and other stuff last year but people want the game library features such as customizeable categories,drag and drop,different icons sizes for list view in the game library besides 16px[32px,etc] and more. Valve should at least let us know if they are working on them.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
erλm Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:53pm 
If you would like to contribute check this thread with the most asked feature and see if any of them were requested.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/828934089572067933/

VALVe do read the forums.
Leonard Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:05pm 
thank you
Zeratul Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:10pm 
well the library overhaul has been the most requested feature for a long time. Yet we have seen so many new things come up on steam without the library being given even a little bit of attention. Just my personal opinion but I am a little dissapointed that steam looks to be more interested in adding new stuff rather than imprioving the already existing stuff.
Ayon Feb 12, 2014 @ 6:10pm 
There is this common concept of problem and solution. A lot of people offer solutions and propose them as ideas. The job of Valve is to find out which problem people might want to address with their ideas and solutions and then provide a own solution that is ideal.

For example: A lot of people find it hard to browse the shop nowadays because there is so much to choose from and in the past you couldn't properly filter. There was a time when DLC's to games took up the whole "New" section of the front page. Things like these are addressed however they do take their time.

What you describe is now PARTIALLY solved by the tags and it also partially solves the problem presented by me. It is not yet an ideal solution, but be patient and continue to voice your opinion and it will, given you have the time to wait for it, turn into an ideal solution.

As you say, there are many that share your opinion and if they voice this for just long enough it'll definately turn into a feature sometime sooner or later.
dynastystar Feb 12, 2014 @ 9:38pm 
I took the tags as a first step to implementing some of the feedback people have made. The tags system feels like it correlates with alot of feedback people have been giving. It would not surprise me if they implemented the option to somehow exclude certain tags from your searches(or excluding the store page, or whatever may be feasible for them to let you exclude the tags for). That way if people aren't into "indie" titles, they can exclude them, if they're not into Early Access titles, they can exclude them, etc. I have also noticed people have made a few threads on wanting more up-to-date genres, so I guess Valve pretty much said "♥♥♥♥ it, make your own genres :D"
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2014 @ 5:45pm