Trixie Jensen [MLG] Feb 10 @ 2:17pm
[New Section suggestion] Make your own game and openly sell it
Ok, this is gonna be crazy, but I'll give it a shot:

Since Greenlight is over, it's going to be difficult for indie devs showing their games in the best plattform I've ever seen: Steam added Free 2 Play system, they added Greenlight sections, they added early access section, but...

What if Steam added "mini-indie" games? I mean, tiny games of short duration made by every user in Steam, can be sold easily like 0,50€ each copy or something, depending of the level of content (like Steam cards, achievements, Steam Cloud...). Before your game lands on Steam, you'll need to make a deal with Steam/Valve. Here's a list of examples:
  • X game has only single player, but nothing else: 30€
  • X game has multiplayer and Steam Cloud: +70€
  • X game has Steam cards: +60€

(note: I'm not very good at economics, so let Steam pick the prices)

If you make the deal successfully, your game will be on Steam. You decide if your benefits will arrive on credit card, paypal or even your steam wallet.

What do you think of this idea? I've made a game a few years ago and I wished to publish it on Greenlight, but it's going to be discontinued.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Black Blade Feb 10 @ 4:04pm 
O.o what???
so what you want guys to sale Flash Games here? i think it will be a preety bad idea... as the amount of things that will be just bad will be welll over

but any how greenlight may close dose not mean it will make it harder for indie to come in... we do not really know what will happen so i say wait and see... (for now by the way greenlight is open)
ColdSun Feb 11 @ 12:35am 
If you're referring to your 'games' as being flash games, then god no. No flash games.
b!zZaRe | mix6.oldstyle.ro Feb 11 @ 2:37am 
da blana :YAY: :)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 10 @ 2:17pm