mwob Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:17am
improve reviews with rating 1 - 10
I think it would be better if you could rate the game with 1 (very bad) until 10 (very good) you just reviewed instead of only saying: yes I recommend the game or not.
Of course some people (mostly kids ;) ) would only say 1 or 10 but it is though better as saying yes or no.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
in what way would it be better?
Spawn of Totoro Feb 10, 2014 @ 11:21am 
Valve wants to avoid doing that. It causes people to judge a game based on a number and not the content of the review. A number is also easy to manipulate.

Look at Metacritic for example. Because of one, small thing, a game can go from 5.0 to 3.0 in an hour due to people being mad with the company, despite it being a good game.
Victory Feb 10, 2014 @ 11:51am 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Valve wants to avoid doing that. It causes people to judge a game based on a number and not the content of the review. A number is also easy to manipulate.

Look at Metacritic for example. Because of one, small thing, a game can go from 5.0 to 3.0 in an hour due to people being mad with the company, despite it being a good game.
This guy knows what hes talking about.

The whole rating system is skewed as hell. Look at any site [Lets use IGN]

Ign Rates a game either a 9 - 9.5 or a 5-6 or a 3-3.5 Thats their really only used numbers. And Honestly that is bad enough for some games as some games that have like a 4.5 I like.

Then you hand it off to abunch of people who have a single bug in an early build or a release that just came out and they rate it a 0/10 never buy - Now, If a game has 2 reviews, and lets say the others a 10 - Congrats - It's now 5 which is pretty much garbage in the books of gamers.

CONGRATS! A single user skewed the results. Sure, Not every user is going to do it but it gets to the point that it's such a stupid system. Instead of using a dang Number system it needs to have pros and Cons and a list of bugs they require to fix instead.
NisseDood (Banned) Feb 10, 2014 @ 12:20pm 
Not really any point with it since most people only ould know how to vote 1 or 10.
Rino47 Feb 10, 2014 @ 3:20pm 
One of the few things youtube did right was making a binary system. Like its been said, people will rate things either 1 or 10, so why not take out the rarely used bits?
mwob Feb 11, 2014 @ 2:42am 
your arguments are right and I understand them. But I want that in the review you can rate the game 1-10 instead of saying yes or no. That does not mean that Valve have to determine the average of all ratings. The rating you did only appears in your review, that is what I mean.
thetotalwarrior Feb 11, 2014 @ 2:55am 
I like the current system, you can say if you like or not, but you can also say why.
A 1-10 system is open to abuse as many people say.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:17am