FireEater Jul 9, 2014 @ 12:59pm
Custom Background on whole site
I think Steam should have the option of adding your own background for more than just your own profile. why not let users have a custom background for browsing the store and other pages so that they can experience steam in a more personal way. we could have that as an option under the profile edit screen titled "Browsing Background" or something similar while still having the ability to have a customized background featured on your profile.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
FireEater Jul 9, 2014 @ 1:00pm 
Also what about personalized backgrounds that users can make such as the emblem for their team or faction for certain games or similar things as long as there is a strict procedure blocking out nudity or profanity.
eram Jul 9, 2014 @ 1:10pm 
How does steam and the publishers of all these games make money if you can upload your own background?

Who is in charge of moderating the millions of backgrounds?
FireEater Jul 9, 2014 @ 1:12pm 
Steam could have it as a subscrition for users to pay a small fee each month to upload their own backgrounds and they could have the users get them approved before using to avoid uploading vulgar or profane images.
FireEater Jul 9, 2014 @ 1:13pm 
I would be willing to pay the fee to have a custom background on my profile and im sure most serious gamers would as well.
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:21pm 
They should have a option of Browsing Backgrounds you can buy or unlock through crafting badges.They would make money from this so this could happen. Uploading your own would be bad there would be no profit for anyone so they won't do it.
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:28pm 
Originally posted by FireEater:
Steam could have it as a subscrition for users to pay a small fee each month to upload their own backgrounds and they could have the users get them approved before using to avoid uploading vulgar or profane images.

If steam ever have any subscription based content i would stop using steam.
Originally posted by Making Circles:
They should have a option of Browsing Backgrounds you can buy or unlock through crafting badges.They would make money from this so this could happen. Uploading your own would be bad there would be no profit for anyone so they won't do it.
well not really what you ask but dose the job:
http://ehsankia.com/steam/backgrounds/

@OP well i did not think i really get it.. are you talking abut a local background for you to see as you browser or are you talking abut on the public profile?
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:34pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
well not really what you ask but dose the job:
http://ehsankia.com/steam/backgrounds/

@OP well i did not think i really get it.. are you talking abut a local background for you to see as you browser or are you talking abut on the public profile?

It would be a background just for browsing and using steam. only you would see it.
It would be a background just for browsing and using steam. only you would see it.
If that is so why is the Fee even coming into play?
TirithRR Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:38pm 
I think Enhanced Steam will allow you to choose your background (even if you don't have it, I think). But it only shows for you and other users who have Enhanced Steam, normal users won't see your background.
Originally posted by TirithRR:
I think Enhanced Steam will allow you to choose your background (even if you don't have it, I think). But it only shows for you and other users who have Enhanced Steam, normal users won't see your background.
yes it dose
But i do think the OP is talking abut a local background that needs to be cross Steam not only on the profile
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:46pm 
If that is so why is the Fee even coming into play?

It would be better if it was free but I'm just thinking they would not be motivated to do it because they would not make money from it. Game developers would make the backgrounds like profile backgrounds.

If they made it free to have a browsing background then they might as well allow custom backgrounds as well.
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:48pm 
or really just allow profile backgrounds for browsing screens.
It would be better if it was free but I'm just thinking they would not be motivated to do it because they would not make money from it. Game developers would make the backgrounds like profile backgrounds.

If they made it free to have a browsing background then they might as well allow custom backgrounds as well.
You know i do not think Valve is all abut profit XD
Milky Chews Jul 9, 2014 @ 4:58pm 

You know i do not think Valve is all abut profit XD

< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 9, 2014 @ 12:59pm