This topic has been locked
Money Back - under European law
In Europe, if you order something at a distance, we are entitled to 14 days return policy.
If I buy goods in a shop, I can see it, try it.
If I buy a book via the internet, I get to sample a few pages for free.
If I buy music in shop, it I can hear the whole. Through the internet 30-second preview, or low quality.
In large stores I can return the goods within 7-30 days (this is a voluntary activity).

But the only place on the Internet where you can not return the goods, goods that can not even try to advance, and even the fact it's almost a monopoly, is VALVE STEAM.

Why here, customers have no right to try the game for example, after payment (or better before) within one hour after the start of the game, game without any reason to return?

Within one hour if the game does not a demo, I am able to find out if new game works, it corresponds to advertising, my expectations and if I want to have it permanently.
Trailer, images are beautiful, but the feeling of many games are awful.

For many games, I have a feeling - pay and shut up!
I have no rights.

When will this change here in favor customers and good, quality games/developers?

If the food is bad, defective, I will be entitled to a refund.
If the game is disgusting, I have only the right to be quiet.
Why?
Last edited by fukot.sk [>] hidden bored gamer; Aug 30, 2014 @ 5:46pm
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
GuliBulli Aug 30, 2014 @ 5:46pm 
Damn good point !
Ranko Aug 30, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
This was gone over before wasn't it? And because of certain circumstances Valve did not have to comply to it? From a law in the EU?
TirithRR Aug 30, 2014 @ 5:52pm 
There are certain exceptions to the European laws that allow for no refunds on digital content once delivered. If I remember right they are listed right after the most commonly quoted sections of the law. But are not read or just plain ignored by most users when the topic comes up.
Mike Nolan Aug 30, 2014 @ 6:00pm 
I would love refunds but there is reasons steam dosen't allow them because some people will abuse the system.
Silicon Vampire Aug 30, 2014 @ 6:04pm 
All discussed before, Ad nauseam. please use the search function... oh. you are confused about what the law is actually. Please search and read.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 30, 2014 @ 5:43pm