Havdekan Takono Aug 26 @ 1:59am
Unwanted Games list.
Before I get on with this, let me just say that I searched for this and found nothing, but if it actually has already been suggested before, then I apologize, and will delete this topic without argument.

This was an idea I had that would really help out other people who like to buy gifts for friends (myself included). The idea, is to have the ability to put games you very specifically do not have any interest in owning in a special list, so that your friends know that you really don't want that game. This would be useful, because then your surprise gift doesn't end up being a horrible one, and you don't have to worry as much about getting a game you really don't want!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Kinda counter productive having a "Do not gift" list for a game store... besides that, what would be the effect? Not being able to accept/activate/purchase any game that is on that list?

If any, improving the current wishlist would be way more useful. For example, having price ranks in which order your games according to your liking would be neat - e.g. in a €30+ price range you could put GTAV, Borderlands PS, Risen 3; in a <€10 you could have other games. Your friend will have an easier time choosing what they want to gift you.
Last edited by «Gғм» Kid Of The Century; Aug 26 @ 2:42am
Jarl Aug 26 @ 2:48am 
Do not gift.
Do not show.
Do not bother me when it's minus 300% cheaper.

Would be super if you can put all not-yet-released-or-finished games on it with a single click.
Seretti Aug 26 @ 3:00am 
Isn't the wishlist good enough for this purpose? I sure don't need a separate list for unwanted games. If it's not on my wishlist, don't gift it to me. Period.
Havdekan Takono Aug 26 @ 3:25am 
Originally posted by «Gғм» Kid Of The Century:
If any, improving the current wishlist would be way more useful. For example, having price ranks in which order your games according to your liking would be neat - e.g. in a €30+ price range you could put GTAV, Borderlands PS, Risen 3; in a <€10 you could have other games. Your friend will have an easier time choosing what they want to gift you.

Hmm... That's actually a better idea.
Koala Aug 29 @ 7:34am 
good idea
Mengmoshu Aug 29 @ 7:03pm 
If the goal is being able to follow the price of a game you don't want but that you may want to give as a gift then maybe there needs to be a way to subscribe to a friend's wishlist? So Steam will tell you about deals but it won't tell other people that you want the game.
Xon Aug 29 @ 7:29pm 
good idea, being able to rank wishlist like that

on sidenote, I'd love to be able to hide games from my list, and only show them if 'show hidden' was on.
Brüno Aug 29 @ 9:54pm 
100% support
Silicon Vampire Aug 29 @ 10:11pm 
Bleh. Why would this even be needed? I ask the person BEFORE I gift anything. If they don't want it, somebody else will...
Mengmoshu Aug 29 @ 10:38pm 
If you know the person wants something, but you want to wait for a sale it can be a bit of workk to keep track of the game's price.
Trown Aug 30 @ 2:28am 
its an ok idea, i guess
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50