NighthAwk Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:01pm
Disable "You are now leaving Steam" filter
This is absolutely the most annoying thing I've ever dealt with on Steam. I don't know who this protects, but it certainly doesn't apply to me. I have a very small friends list, and I talk to veyr select few people that I trust. On the extremely rare chance that one of those friend's accounts get hacked, I'm more than capable of realizing what a scammer acts and sounds like.

This feature in no way helps me, or most of the people I know. It is nothing more than annoying when I have to wait for the web page just to load so I can click continue to the imgur links friends send me on occasion. I've actually found it to be a detrimental experience where I will no longer even click on the links because I have to deal with the annoying hassle.

Just make this an option. If necessary, make it super difficult to disable such that the average user can't figure it out. Some remote webpage to opt-out that's not accessible through the UI.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
CharlestONE Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:18pm 
Do a search. this has been sugested many times since launch this one is likely to be locked or deleted. Here's one that is still unlocked: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/46476691412610177/
NighthAwk Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:32pm 
I was unable to find one that hadn't been locked. Thank you.
CharlestONE Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:35pm 
Originally posted by NighthAwk:
No worries the forum search engine sucks. I had to go into my post history to find that one. Sorry if my first comment sounded dickish.
NighthAwk Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:40pm 
Originally posted by HLCinSC:
No worries the forum search engine sucks. I had to go into my post history to find that one. Sorry if my first comment sounded dickish.
No worries. My post itself didn't exactly come off as gentle. It's a very frustrating feature for me.
TirithRR Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:59pm 
And that didn't throw up any red flags? :)
NighthAwk Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:05pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
And that didn't throw up any red flags? :)
No, because the last one I saw locked seemed like a completely abusive moderator who just locked the topic and said "no" (on behalf of Valve, I guess) and gave a horrible reason as to why.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:01pm