Make "In Game" and "Online" status' seperate. Along with a "Busy" addition.
It honestly would help a lot against confusion.
The number of times when I've messaged a friend who's in-game, but if he weren't in game he'd be "Away" or "Snooze" is astounding. Simply put have something like

Generic Name
In-Game
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Online/Away/Snooze

EDIT: Perhaps along with the idea of a busy feature comparable to Skypes "Do Not Disturb" status, Making it so that recorders can set themselves to "Busy" and not hear Sound notifications as well as pop up boxes. Maybe accompanied by a pop-up box when setting yourself to busy saying "Setting yourself to busy will turn off Notifications and Sound Notifictions, you can turn them back on by going back to Online"
En son dunkelheit tarafından düzenlendi; 1 Ağu 2014 @ 5:45
< >
9 yorumdan 1 ile 9 arası gösteriliyor
Steam chat tells you if they're Away or Snooze, but the status' dont. This is my problem here.
As well as the amount of times that people have messaged me/asked me to play a game with them while i was out getting food, or just AFK while still having some game open is pretty huge. If they could've just known that i was Away it would clear up confusion.
İlk olarak Ser tarafından gönderildi:
I don't see this as much of a problem, espcially since people aren't supposed to idle while in-game.
Maybe not in the middle of a multiplayer game but there's nothing to say people can't idle their games.
I like this idea. Occasionally myself or my friends will have to go AFK while ingame for various reasons, so rather than closing the game (some games you just can't close on a whim without losing progress) we just leave the game open and the Online status changes to Away and then eventually Snooze, all while we get messaged by other friends who don't know we're AFK, and then end up thinking we're ignoring them.

Another use for this would be allowing you to set your status as Busy while ingame, to let people know that you shouldn't message them because you're recording, or, in games like Rust where the notification is in a terrible place, it causes you to lose sight of your health meter so you don't know when to heal in a firefight.

As a side-note to that, it would be nice if the Busy status muted sound notifications and hid the visual notifications, just like it does in Skype and other chat services. Perhaps the OP could edit his post and add this in case his idea does get accepted by the Steam dev team?
I really like the way you said it Sparx.
İlk olarak SnookeR tarafından gönderildi:
ке
Uh?
i agree with Sparx
i agree with Sparx too!
< >
9 yorumdan 1 ile 9 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 31 Tem 2014 @ 17:28
İleti: 9