acerswap Jul 31, 2014 @ 7:59am
Cancel password/email changes in confirmation email
Recently someone stole my account (now I have it back). I noticed it when a mail arrived into my email inbox folder saying that someone changed my email (also changed my password after it), but these messages don't come with a "cancel" feature.

Could it be implemented a "Someone changed your account info, if wasn't you click here to cancel the changes and replace your password. this link will remain active for 24 hours." feature?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
K.A.R.R. Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:48am 
Unless you specifically gave them your SteamGuard code then they need access to your email account in order to log in with your account. So they'd see the email...
Black Blade Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by KARR:
Unless you specifically gave them your SteamGuard code then they need access to your email account in order to log in with your account. So they'd see the email...
well i think OP is talking abut a case were he give them the Steam Guard code as that is the most common case
Last edited by Black Blade; Jul 31, 2014 @ 9:56am
acerswap Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:33am 
I had Steam guard disabled. In any case, it's another security measure to add.
Satoru Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:25pm 
Originally posted by acerswap:
I had Steam guard disabled. In any case, it's another security measure to add.

If you had SteamGuard enabled then the above likely would have not been an issue.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478&l=english

You should REALLY REALLY Read this over very very carefully. Especially be wary of phishing scams as that is the primary vector for account hijacks.
Last edited by Satoru; Jul 31, 2014 @ 8:44pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 31, 2014 @ 7:59am