• Bedworth
  • Bridgnorth
  • Leamington Spa
  • Leek
  • Lichfield
  • Stratford-upon-Avon
  • Sutton Coldfield
  • Warwick

However, Steam only has the five in bold/underlined.
Last edited by King Mustard; Oct 21, 2017 @ 4:00am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Unholy Eve Oct 21, 2017 @ 4:32am 
And? I bet there's loads of towns/cities missing from every other country in the world.
King Mustard Oct 21, 2017 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by Unholy Eve:
And? I bet there's loads of towns/cities missing from every other country in the world.
Why have the sub-category if you're not only going to only list the smaller places within a region but miss a majority out altogether?
999999999 Oct 21, 2017 @ 8:04am 
At the bottom of the page here...

Some geospatial data on this website is provided by geonames.org

Not everything is current or updated on there or here.
Hooch Oct 21, 2017 @ 9:14am 
Also, it's not about "most populated cities." It's also about # of Steam users in X city.

If there are 1,000,000 people in a city, but only 1 Steam user, it makes little sense that Steam would find it necessary to add that city to its dropdown. While adding it is quick, there's also ux to consider or even the question of "Why bother?"

Not saying that this is definitely the case with your city, but it is one explanation as to why not all big cities make it on the list.
King Mustard Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:06pm 
Originally posted by ⭐ Aionion:
Also, it's not about "most populated cities." It's also about # of Steam users in X city.

If there are 1,000,000 people in a city, but only 1 Steam user, it makes little sense that Steam would find it necessary to add that city to its dropdown. While adding it is quick, there's also ux to consider or even the question of "Why bother?"

Not saying that this is definitely the case with your city, but it is one explanation as to why not all big cities make it on the list.
Do you have any evidence they base the list on "# of Steam users in X city"?

I highly doubt it's the case.
999999999 Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:09pm 
They get it from geonames.org . Valve also doesn't update the info often.
Hooch Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by King Mustard:
Originally posted by ⭐ Aionion:

Do you have any evidence they base the list on "# of Steam users in X city"?

I highly doubt it's the case.
That's just a standard ux design best practice. And serves as an example as to possibly why not all large cities are included.
wuddih Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:33pm 
don't break your head too much about it. it has nothing to do with anything you assume, just Valve things and a task on the todo list for way too long that it is now probably become a problem. the data is just really old at the core and probably not any longer in the same formatas geonames current format. i mean, they probably used the free version back then, otherwise the little mention in the footer would not be there.

i guess you have to hope that someone at Valve wants to do this, some stuff was sporadically added here and there over the years, probably mostly because someone they know was affected.
Vicesen Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:36pm 
güzel
 KARR™ Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:39pm 
Well i know for a FACT that Worcester IS on Steam... because it's on my profile!

I can also find Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and then got bored because i'm finding all the ones that you say aren't there...

King Mustard Oct 21, 2017 @ 12:46pm 
Originally posted by  KARR™:
Well i know for a FACT that Worcester IS on Steam... because it's on my profile!

I can also find Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and then got bored because i'm finding all the ones that you say aren't there...
http://i63.tinypic.com/15forrb.png
Red Shift Oct 21, 2017 @ 4:48pm 
The West Midlands being refered to here is the actual County, not the vague general "western side of the Midlands".
Most, if not all of the towns you want can be found in their own respective counties, most of the cities are listed without needing a county.
Drab Oct 21, 2017 @ 7:22pm 
Geography fail.
 KARR™ Oct 22, 2017 @ 3:52am 

Nice.

https://imgur.com/keFhFp6

There's my picture showing places such as Birmingham, Coventry, Droitwich, Malvern, Kidderminster, Redditch, Worcester, Halesown, LIchfield, Stourbridge, Sutton Coldfield, Tampworth, Solihull, Dudley.... again, i got bored after all that.

Also, as i said before Worcester is on my profile, so its definitely there too!
Last edited by  KARR™; Oct 22, 2017 @ 4:01am
King Mustard Oct 23, 2017 @ 3:23am 
Originally posted by  KARR™:

Nice.

https://imgur.com/keFhFp6

There's my picture showing places such as Birmingham, Coventry, Droitwich, Malvern, Kidderminster, Redditch, Worcester, Halesown, LIchfield, Stourbridge, Sutton Coldfield, Tampworth, Solihull, Dudley.... again, i got bored after all that.

Also, as i said before Worcester is on my profile, so its definitely there too!
You had to chnge 'State/Privince' for them to appear. They're, however, not states or provinces. West Midlands is, however.

All the places I listed in the first post are in the West Midlands region and therefore should be in the 'City' section of the 'West Midalnds' state/province section.

There really is no two ways about it. I'm correct and they should fix it. Their categories are mixed up and wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Midlands_(region)#Towns_and_cities
Last edited by King Mustard; Oct 23, 2017 @ 3:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 21, 2017 @ 3:57am