Nikki May 27, 2017 @ 5:38pm
Block users affect forums/discussions.
Block all comunication should also hide posts on the discussions section, and not allow users to continue harassment.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
Satoru May 27, 2017 @ 5:42pm 
You can report posts that violate the discussion rules and they will be addressed

The block function is not to stop people from posting on the discussions. It is to stop direct communication. Discussions are public. And as such blocks do not apply to them
Nikki May 27, 2017 @ 5:43pm 
It wouldn't stop them from posting only the user that blocked them from seeing it. Every other forum has this option.
Spawn of Totoro May 27, 2017 @ 5:44pm 
If you are reciving harassment, please report the user and ignore him/her.

Blocking was tried in the old forums. It didn't work because people would quote and it would be visible as well as the thread would basicaly have two conversations going on at that point, confusing anyone who did not block any other users.

It was also easily bypassed by creating another free Steam account.
Nikki May 27, 2017 @ 5:45pm 
Sadly reporting users does nothing no matter how clearly they are breaking the rules.
Last edited by Nikki; May 27, 2017 @ 5:45pm
Satoru May 27, 2017 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by aDigitalPhantom:
Sadly reporting users does nothing no matter how clearly they are breaking the rules.

This is clearly false
Radene May 27, 2017 @ 5:54pm 

Depends. It usually starts with a warning unless it's a gross violation. The banhammer is the last sanction, not the first one.
Nikki May 27, 2017 @ 6:03pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:

This is clearly false

It's not false I have reported users for breaking rules before. In some cases it was for linking to piracy. They user was not banned, and the post was not removed or edited. The filesharing site did delete the linked file at least.
Last edited by Nikki; May 27, 2017 @ 6:03pm
Gus the Crocodile May 27, 2017 @ 6:45pm 
I'd like a block function of some description for the forums, yeah. Wouldn't necessarily need to be hooked up to the one for profiles, since people might want to use one and not the other.

The fact that it doesn't perfectly handle things like quotes is fine. Useful isn't the same as perfect.

Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Limited accounts can't post on the forums anymore, can they? Edit: ah okay, the limitation says "posting frequently". (Thanks for checking on it too, FFL)
Last edited by Gus the Crocodile; May 27, 2017 @ 6:48pm
FFL2and3rocks May 27, 2017 @ 6:47pm 
Originally posted by Gus the Crocodile:
I'd like a block function of some description for the forums, yeah. Wouldn't necessarily need to be hooked up to the one for profiles, since people might want to use one and not the other.

The fact that it doesn't perfectly handle things like quotes is fine. Useful isn't the same as perfect.

Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Limited accounts can't post on the forums anymore, can they?

They can. The support page says they can't post "frequently". I don't know what the actual limit is though.
Last edited by FFL2and3rocks; May 27, 2017 @ 6:47pm
Spawn of Totoro May 27, 2017 @ 7:30pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:

This is clearly false

It's not false I have reported users for breaking rules before. In some cases it was for linking to piracy. They user was not banned, and the post was not removed or edited. The filesharing site did delete the linked file at least.

Not forum report. Report them by their profile.

There are over 10k forums. Sadly, not all developers assign a moderator to them. We pick up what we can, but can't get everything.

Profile report go to Valve.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; May 27, 2017 @ 7:31pm
WalrusInAnus May 28, 2017 @ 2:14am 
This site needs "ignore user" badly
After so many years, how is it possible this still doesn't exist?
I wrote a game review, got obscene amount of troll comments, I blocked them, but they started following me around the forums and posting even more trolling comments.
Blocking doesn't do anything, I can still see their crap, they can see my posts, and continue being annoying.

This site desperately needs ignore feature, and possibly (ideally) a hard ignore as well, where when you block someone, he cannot see anything you post, anywhere.
Last edited by WalrusInAnus; May 28, 2017 @ 2:14am
Radene May 28, 2017 @ 2:40am 
I guess the only people opposed to this would be those who feel they will get hard-ignored by many others.
The End May 28, 2017 @ 2:44am 
Originally posted by WalrusInAnus:
I wrote a game review, got obscene amount of troll comments, I blocked them, but they started following me around the forums and posting even more trolling comments.
Blocking doesn't do anything, I can still see their crap, they can see my posts, and continue being annoying.

This site desperately needs ignore feature, and possibly (ideally) a hard ignore as well, where when you block someone, he cannot see anything you post, anywhere.

I guess it is the same as this topic request.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/1291817208496891462/

Spawn of Totoro explain why it will not work here.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/1291817208496891462/#c1291817208496908417
Last edited by The End; May 28, 2017 @ 2:46am
Radene May 28, 2017 @ 2:46am 
Originally posted by ☮Rockon☯:
Originally posted by WalrusInAnus:

I guess it is the same as this topic request.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/1291817208496891462/

Why it will not work, is explained here.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/1291817208496891462/#c1291817208496908417

Eh I dunno. Tends to work pretty well in most places I've been to, and Steam forums in regard to being an internet community are not so special and different that they would break the pattern.

Sometimes I feel people are more interested in maintaining the status quo than actually discussing things.
Last edited by Radene; May 28, 2017 @ 2:48am
WalrusInAnus May 28, 2017 @ 3:00am 
"If you are reciving harassment, please report the user and ignore him/her."
I would ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ love to if it was possible!

I understand the reasoning, BUT it's exactly like Radene says. It - for the most part - works everywhere else. People can create throwaway accounts on any random forums, and yet, they don't seem to do it. Mostly because they can't tell whether someone ignored them or not.
Also, typically, when you ignore someone, quotes that include his posts are hidden as well. On the better forum software that is.

Even such small things as being able to block someone from posting comments under a review would help.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 63 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 27, 2017 @ 5:38pm