nup95 Nov 22, 2012 @ 1:57pm
WTF! Seriously Steam??
Pretty stupid I bought the Complete valve pack for £25 and as I had some of the games already I thought I would not download some of them (The ones I had) and the smart idea would be to say "Okay he's payed for the games so we should put them in his inventory because he may want to install later" Right? Wrong! Iv'e basically been scammed for about 5 games! I am not happy!! Not cool Steam I want the games in my inventory! I am not losing money because of that!!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Tito Shivan Nov 22, 2012 @ 2:31pm 
Steam extra copies.
You could have saved the deception by asking before the purchase or doing a simple search on the forums.
If you are missing some title you should have received, contact support.
Seaman JC kururuigi Nov 25, 2012 @ 4:34pm 
you get the extra coppies as a gift, you can send it to a friend or just make a forum saying you want to trade your extra coppies for a different game
nup95 Nov 26, 2012 @ 7:34am 
Yeah but thats the point I didnt get the extra copies
Satoru Nov 26, 2012 @ 9:04am 
You do not get extra copies unless it EXPLICITLY says so on the store page

When you buy it you also get a warning that you own some of the games and it gives a link to the policy.

Don't blame steam when it gave you ample warning
Mr. Spaceman Nov 26, 2012 @ 9:17am 
i dunno
T. Nov 26, 2012 @ 11:51am 
Steam sucks. They rip people off. Why do you think Origin and Microsoft live is taking off.. 1. Steam has no Costumer service. 2. They take 3 weeks to respond to a email. 3. they support pre-mature gaming ideas. 4. the network sucks. 5. People are being banned from games when they dont even do anything wrong.

It's all f'd up. Reason why none of this will change. Becuase it appeals to younger kids and adults. They can get away with it. Just like esea does. If you paid for 5 games. Guess what it's simple, You should get what you paid for. An if steam doesnt give you that! Hit up your attorney and get paid.

Please do everyone a favor and bring them down!
SteventheSlayer Nov 26, 2012 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by Denzel Washington:
Steam sucks. They rip people off. Why do you think Origin and Microsoft live is taking off.. 1. Steam has no Costumer service. 2. They take 3 weeks to respond to a email. 3. they support pre-mature gaming ideas. 4. the network sucks. 5. People are being banned from games when they dont even do anything wrong.
1-2. They do have customer service. It just takes a long time because of the amount of people useing Steam. Read this quote if you are confused:
Originally posted by Judge 'Muted Orphan' Jenkins:
Lets think about this logically; there are currently 4,600,000 users on steam. If just 0.01% of these users have a problem and submit a support ticket right now, then thats 460 tickets filed. Now lets consider adding the time taken to review and solve the problems in these tickets, this can be anywhere from a few hours to a few days (I reckon). This means taking over a year of Steam Support's man hours to review and solve these tickets.

Are you begining to see what I am getting to here? It may take a while but be patient and I'm sure they will get to your ticket
3. Is there a problem with younger people playing games? No, there isn't. You were a kid once yourself, you know (assuming you aren't one right now.)
4. Most network problems are, as they say in the buisiness, P.E.B.K.A.C. issues, i.e. Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.
5. VAC has very little false positives. I'd say 98.5% of the people that are banned have hacked at one point or another. Is that a bad thing? I have a feeling that you were banned on one of your accounts, which is why you're whining.
Spacerogue Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:11pm 
actually thers a rule written about what games they will give you a 'gift code if double' for and its not many games at all (only Valve games by the looks of it), could have read that before buying it, becouse IIrc I did see a link on the Orange Box to this thishttps://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656

If you did not recieve copies, then I highly suggest just contacting support, seems like an issue that can be fixed.
Satoru Nov 26, 2012 @ 5:19pm 
The valve complete pack doesn't give extra copies

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16236/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

There is no explicit statement you get extra copies therefore as per the policy you get none.

You also get this warning, TWICE, when you try to buy it

Valve Complete Pack: According to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam. If purchasing for yourself, see the Extra Copies support article to determine whether the items you already own can be shared with friends.

You can't say you were ignorant of it when they give you plenty of warning.
SteventheSlayer Nov 26, 2012 @ 6:57pm 
Originally posted by Satoru:
You also get this warning, TWICE, when you try to buy it

Valve Complete Pack: According to our records, you already own one or more of the items included in this package on Steam. If purchasing for yourself, see the Extra Copies support article to determine whether the items you already own can be shared with friends.
That's good to know. I'm glad Valve had the foresight to add that.
Satoru Nov 26, 2012 @ 7:49pm 
Plus the second warning is GIGANTIC and tells you all the games YOU WILL NOT GET if you click Purchase.

Normally it only warns you once if a game is already included in a pack and rarely goes into such grusome detail as teh Valve COmplete pack does.

OP if you didn't notice that second screen on the final "purchase" page, sorry, Steam did literally everything it possibly could other than preventing you from purchasing it.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2012 @ 1:57pm