Steam was unable to sync your files for Skyrim...
Ok, I'm screwed. I lost my files and now Steams is BSing me about not being able to get my saves back. I put 299 hours into the game. I can't just lose them in a flash!
< >
Zobrazeno 112 z 12 komentářů
call them and beg for your money back
Steam->Exit at the top left of the client, restart steam, try again - If the files on your pc are different to what is on the cloud it should pop up with a box asking whether you want to upload the files on your PC or download the cloud files.
Naposledy upravil Kiya; 5. lis. 2012 v 8.41
Kiya původně napsal:
Steam->Exit at the top left of the client, restart steam, try again - If the files on your pc are different to what is on the cloud it should pop up with a box asking whether you want to upload the files on your PC or download the cloud files.
I've restarted steam numurous times.
If you overwrote you local file with the files on Steam, then there is no option but to play again.

I suggest turning off Steam Cloud service to prevent this from happening again.
Spawn of Totoro původně napsal:
If you overwrote you local file with the files on Steam, then there is no option but to play again.

I suggest turning off Steam Cloud service to prevent this from happening again.
huh? I didn't. I can't even get the saves from steam. I thought Steam Cloud was there to have backup for when you lose your saves.

Also, I redownloaded and got the saves from Borderlands 2 and it synced my old save just fine. Why not Skyrim? Although, the save from Borderlands 2 downloaded from cloud a day earlier. Could it be a temp problem on their end?
Steam uploads your saved files, but they don't always get uploaded. If the saves on Steam are older then the saves on your computer it will come up with a message saying that the Clous is out of sync. It will then ask if you want to download the files from the cloud onto your computer, or upload the save on your computer to the cloud.

If you choose download the save files from the cloud (usualy older) they overwrite what is on your hard drive. That is why you lost your progress.

If you want to though, you can move your current save files to another directory. That should force Steam to download the one it has.
Naposledy upravil Spawn of Totoro; 5. lis. 2012 v 11.53
The problem is i have no saves right now. So assuming the saves are still in the cloud, then i'm safe. Last i played it did sync, so if i can get past the problem of it just plain not downloading my saves and stopping at 22%, then it's all good.
the sync runs way too often with my machine. i usually have to upload from my comp to the cloud. i scrapped my whole saves thinking it mught correct itself. took me all week to get the new character up to the level of the guys i junked . all in all it didn't help correct the prob.
I just turned it off. All it does is annoy me by sitting there uploading after a game and as I only play on one PC, its fairly pointless me having it.

If i lose the data on my hard drive, i'll have more to worry about that Skyrim :|

- Do you not have any save files in your skyrim save folder...? They're a hefty size to just vanish?
where are the local files stored? I am having issues with the sync from my second computer not updating the cloud. Seems the main one I use works uploading the files, but I can not get the other two or three to download my saves correctly.
I'd like to manually sync once to get them the same, at least once. But really don't know where the saves are.
At this point contacting steam would be my only hope, but they're not answering. It's their issue. They meant for it to be used and my saves are there, so i see no reason why I won't be able to get them back at some point.
CandyTrox™ původně napsal:
cattips původně napsal:
where are the local files stored?
Windows 7; Users\Username\Documents\My games\Skyrim

thank you. CandyTrox
For some reason I thought they should have been in my steam folders... guess not.
< >
Zobrazeno 112 z 12 komentářů
Na stránku: 1530 50

Datum zveřejnění: 5. lis. 2012 v 7.46
Počet příspěvků: 12