TehBoomer Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:44pm
Can't login to steam's website.
I'm trying to link my Torchlight II [Runic Games] account with my Steam account in order to be able to play TL2 online. I, however, cannot seem to be able to log into Steam via the website neither the official steampowered website, nor the Runic Games website. Additionally whenever I try to log in to Steam through the website to link them, I'm getting e-mails saying I need to give new computer access. This is from the computer that I've been using for Steam for over a year now. This problem makes no sense to me at all. I've tried forcing Steam updates, clearing browsing history, disabling firewalls, restarting my pc, and changing my Steam password. Nothing works.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Bernd Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:53pm 
You have Steam guard on. When the website asks you for a code (computer access), login to your e-mail account, open up the e-mail from Steam you recently got and there is the code.

To turn Steam Guard off, take a look at the Steam settings in the client. But i wouldn't recommend it. If you get a keysneaker thing virus right at the bad moment your Steam Guard is turned off, your account is pretty fast gone. Steam Guard just checks if you are the real one who is trying to login.

Hope this helps you :>
TehBoomer Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:58pm 
Not really. I've solved the issue, but that had nothing to do with it. It didn't make sense that I was getting those e-mails when it was being accessed on the same computer I've been using for more than a year. It must be something with my caching or browser settings. I was able to set it up with minor headaches on my wife's laptop. Issue resolved.
Bernd Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:59pm 
Yep it was your browser ;3
Moses Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:32pm 
I'm having the exact problem. I cant login steam's anything in my home. Not the comunity, not the store, not profile, nothing.. Neither with web-browsers. I did manythings: Uninstall browsers, uninstall firewalls, uninstall steam, uninstall any-suspicious program that may interfare steam. But nothing worked! How did you able to solve that? Are you still having that problem with your OWN pc -not with your wife?-. I'm now logging in at work. Its perfectly working here, but at home a big nightmare...

Bernd Sep 23, 2012 @ 11:36pm 
Originally posted by Moses:
I'm having the exact problem. I cant login steam's anything in my home. Not the comunity, not the store, not profile, nothing.. Neither with web-browsers. I did manythings: Uninstall browsers, uninstall firewalls, uninstall steam, uninstall any-suspicious program that may interfare steam. But nothing worked! How did you able to solve that? Are you still having that problem with your OWN pc -not with your wife?-. I'm now logging in at work. Its perfectly working here, but at home a big nightmare...
I would reinstall my OS. xD very strange. hmm... i never had this problem so i can't say much but reinstall os when you say the problem is only on your own PC :S
Frable Sep 24, 2012 @ 1:46am 
I get prompted to check my mail and enter the code almoust every time I log in via browser.
It seems like the problem for you guys is the pop up not appearing for validation. Do you use adblock or any other plugins/3rdparty software that might block them? For adblock you should add an exception for the steam website.

Gl
Bernd Sep 24, 2012 @ 1:53am 
He don't even get it to work on the built in web browser (Steam) :S
Frable Sep 24, 2012 @ 2:15am 
Not sure I understand you correctly Moses. You can login to steam itself, access your own game library but changing to store, community, etc. does not work? Or you can't log into steam at all as well as logging in via web-browser does not work?

Not being able to access steam itself or the steam options linked to internet (Community,store,profile) would hint on a firewall kind of problem. Maybe you have used some boxing program, like sandboxie, to run Steam stand alone without any outside access and that program launches it in sandbox mode every time you start it? (would be an option).

However that does not solve the problem with you not being able to access your account via the web api. Due to this fact I would have guessed there is a problem with the account itself. Causing some error on login. Tough, once again you seem to proove that it's not the case as you can login at work without problems :/

Thus, )Natsuru san's suggestion to reinstall OS does seem like a good option. Seems like the error it self is very low level. Might have to do something witch corrupt cache files or what not.
What I would suggest trying before that however:
- Create a new test account on steam, and try accessing it. (Does it fail as well?)
- Start in safe-mode with network access and try logging in via web-browser.

Either way, best of luck and be sure to post your solution!
ÜberPootis™ Feb 22, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
I get messages saying I have to use this special access code in order to proceed but my problem is that whenever I try to login through on my desktop it says error steam servers something like that BUT I can log in through with my web browser easily, I don't know what's going on....
[BN][PPM]JTACTheNoisemaker Jun 28, 2013 @ 10:52pm 
My problem is I can do everything perfect on Steam itself but when I want to buy Platinuum on Warframe, it takes me to my web browser, I click what I want but once I get to the Steam account to login for my purchase even though I'm logged in and fighting a boss yadadadada, the login process either takes much more than 2 hours just to login or says error..............help?
Netshroud Jun 29, 2013 @ 1:46am 
Steam Store's login process seems broken right now, one of the servers has an extra newline that throws a spanner in the works.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2012 @ 8:44pm