iuhioiyogbioyhbioyhdeleteme Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:18pm
Games being owned
I own 27 games so far on steam. Right now it says I only own 13 games and I am an adept accumulator.

Is this only a certain genre of games like maybe only purchased? Or something I don't know, that is why I am asking you guys :P
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Psycho, but Cute Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:36pm 
how many of these games are free-to-play? Because only paid games get registered as owned. I own 269 paid games and 21 free-to-play games
Last edited by Psycho, but Cute; Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:37pm
iuhioiyogbioyhbioyhdeleteme Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:19am 
oh that makes sense, i believe thati is the problem. Thank you
Psycho, but Cute Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:27am 
np
Spudgunner Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:38am 
Sadly, some games - if not all - are not "owned" by the player at all. When you think you're buying a game, you infact buy the licence to play the game. You don't own the copy of the game. SEGA made this blatantly clear when you install Total War: Rome 2. You have to accept it or cancel the install. Nasty eh? This is why you lack consumer protection or cannot re-sell a game. as you are not allowed to issue a licence. This is why we are being ripped of by games being half finished.
MonkeySeeker Oct 7, 2013 @ 6:45am 
Originally posted by Spudgunner:
Sadly, some games - if not all - are not "owned" by the player at all. When you think you're buying a game, you infact buy the licence to play the game. You don't own the copy of the game. SEGA made this blatantly clear when you install Total War: Rome 2. You have to accept it or cancel the install. Nasty eh? This is why you lack consumer protection or cannot re-sell a game. as you are not allowed to issue a licence. This is why we are being ripped of by games being half finished.

You act as though this is a new development

This has always been the case with all media whether that was Video, Audio or Interactive. You have always been buying the licence to use that media and nothing more.
iuhioiyogbioyhbioyhdeleteme Oct 7, 2013 @ 4:33pm 
The badge puzzled me at first... Only 13 games? Huh, i remember installing 27.... hmmm this doesn't seem right.

But after reading your comments it is clear to me now. I thank you for this knowledge :D
THYNE ╳ Oct 7, 2013 @ 4:43pm 
lol
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2013 @ 8:18pm