Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Prices on Steam
So I recently got this expention on my Chrome that shows world prices of games and it seems that the prices are a bit weird.Like COD Ghost costs 20 Euro in Russia and 68 Euro in Australia.I'm not here to criticize or anything but this seems a bit odd to me.Looks like the only game that's for a good price in Australia is the Valve Complete Pack.
Sidst redigeret af GTA5Player [Perker]; 2. sep. 2013 kl. 2:34
< >
Viser 1-15 af 64 kommentarer
The Rock God 2. sep. 2013 kl. 2:22 
Australians pay more because the games have to be recoded to display upside down.
Sidst redigeret af The Rock God; 2. sep. 2013 kl. 2:22
Oprindeligt skrevet af bu_chengshi:
Australians pay more because the games have to be recoded to display upside down.

you sir, just won the internet :squirtyay:
76561198097876592 2. sep. 2013 kl. 3:00 
And if you knew how much effort it takes to do exactly that you would not claim stupid things like that.

Oprindeligt skrevet af Timey Wimey Detector:

you sir, just won the internet :squirtyay:
He has won something alright but it ain't the internet.
If anything he has just prven that the chicken comes first, and that he was not there before the chicken.
Rumpelcrutchskin 2. sep. 2013 kl. 3:41 
They sell games by zones. Poor zones pay less for games.
Oprindeligt skrevet af Rumpelcrutchskin:
So Russia's the poorest?
Sidst redigeret af GTA5Player [Perker]; 2. sep. 2013 kl. 3:50
Rumpelcrutchskin 2. sep. 2013 kl. 3:54 
Looks like it. I live in dirt-poor country and it costs 60 for me. Dont know what their criterias really are. :hmm:
MeFarmer 2. sep. 2013 kl. 4:25 
Looks like it. I live in dirt-poor country and it costs 60 for me. Dont know what their criterias really are. :hmm:

because your in the eu zone if the prices were lower for you , you would sell them cheaper to the rest of the eu zone
pennarguy 2. sep. 2013 kl. 6:54 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ♥♥♥♥♥♥ GTA5Player:
So Russia's the poorest?

:D
Spawn of Totoro 2. sep. 2013 kl. 7:00 
Developers/Publisher set the prices. Not Steam/Valve.

They set them to what they think those regions can handle.
The Rock God 2. sep. 2013 kl. 7:29 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ChillChill:
And if you knew how much effort it takes to do exactly that you would not claim stupid things like that.

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds. You have to use a POIUY keyboard, and a left handed mouse. Then there's the special testing to get the 1.7 surround sound to work right. And let's not forget about the custom computer cases, with the fans that spin the other way. You have to install them backwards, using left handed screws (which require a left handed screwdriver).
76561198097876592 2. sep. 2013 kl. 9:38 

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds. You have to use a POIUY keyboard, and a left handed mouse. Then there's the special testing to get the 1.7 surround sound to work right. And let's not forget about the custom computer cases, with the fans that spin the other way. You have to install them backwards, using left handed screws (which require a left handed screwdriver).
Hmm upside down you said, and now right to left too.
That would rather be "= : ; , n b " for the keyboard, ofcourse I am not a programmer and you are.

Troll.
76561198097876592 2. sep. 2013 kl. 9:39 
Oprindeligt skrevet af ♥♥♥♥♥♥ GTA5Player:
So Russia's the poorest?
No they are the smartest and refuse to pay the insane prices we are.
76561198097876592 2. sep. 2013 kl. 10:02 
OMG you guys keep getting funnier by the minute.

I forgot that only qwerty keyboards exist.
Sorry, me Alzheimer is kicking up again.

Anyway I am out to go play with the big boys now because you are making it really way too easy.
Just roll over and play dead now ok? That or at least come up with something that is a bit of a challenge.
Sidst redigeret af ChillChill; 2. sep. 2013 kl. 10:03
76561198097876592 2. sep. 2013 kl. 10:19 
I was pulling your leg ... maybe a bit too hard. xD

I was expecting that 'm' reply before pressing submit.
Most game developers do forget to include Azerty and other keyboard layout config presets . ;)
Sidst redigeret af ChillChill; 2. sep. 2013 kl. 10:19
The Rock God 2. sep. 2013 kl. 10:24 
I forgot that only qwerty keyboards exist.

There's also DVORAK keyboards, but only the most hipster musicians use them (on their Macs, of course).

Oprindeligt skrevet af Muppet among Puppets:
.... and if its winter for the normal fans, the ones in australia have to deal with summer!
I would say, australian prices are dirt cheap if you keep all this in mind.

I totally forgot about the seasonal difference. Time for more testing. We may have to increase the budget.

Oprindeligt skrevet af Muppet among Puppets:
We came up with a challenge. Its called humor. You have hard times comprehending.

At least somebody else gets it.
< >
Viser 1-15 af 64 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 2. sep. 2013 kl. 1:41