Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Steam Machine testing and Motioninjoy
Out of curiosity, will the Steam Box support third party programs such as Motioninjoy? I ask this as I use a PS3 Controller to play over Steam games that have Gamepad support such as Skyrim. I'm just more comfortable using the PS3 Controller than having to purchase another gamepad or a xbox 360 controller. Because of this, would it make me ineligible to become a chosen tester, assuming I complete the other requirements as well.
< >
Сообщения 14 из 4
Автор сообщения: phane
Out of curiosity, will the Steam Box support third party programs such as Motioninjoy? I ask this as I use a PS3 Controller to play over Steam games that have Gamepad support such as Skyrim. I'm just more comfortable using the PS3 Controller than having to purchase another gamepad or a xbox 360 controller. Because of this, would it make me ineligible to become a chosen tester, assuming I complete the other requirements as well.
Don't think any one can give you a 100% answer as its not out at all yet
But i think you will be able to do so... as you can change the SteamOS to something else i dont see why you cant add some programs to it
We don't know that much information about the Steam Machines/Steam OS yet to give you a 100% true answer, but I would guess so. If the Vanilla version of Steam OS doesn't support it then I'm sure somebody will port it, since the OS is open soruce.
Отредактировано TheWebDoctor; 26 сен. 2013 в 23:33
Автор сообщения: phane
would it make me ineligible to become a chosen tester, assuming I complete the other requirements as well.

Isn't it said that we can change software as well as hardware?
Автор сообщения: Lord Revan
We don't know that much information about the Steam Machines/Steam OS yet to give you a 100% true answer, but I would guess so. If the Vanilla version of Steam OS doesn't support it then I'm sure somebody will port it, since the OS is open soruce.

Motionjoy is currently only available for Windows and the source code for it is not available, meaning no-one except the author can port it. Since there has been no Linux build so far, I wouldn't count on it reaching SteamOS any time soon.

The xboxdrv package on Linux supports PS3 controllers natively anyway, so it's not like there won't be alternatives.
< >
Сообщения 14 из 4
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 26 сен. 2013 в 22:41