xKoai [d'Ashbringer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:18am
I need help, Valve Software Seatle!! taking my money.
Charges to my debit card without my permision. Just like that!?
RM86 was stolen basically! Tell me the reason why and If there are any definite reasons why charges were made. I am requesting for a refund.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Gishank Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:18am 
You should contact support.. We can't help you here.
xKoai [d'Ashbringer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:22am 
i did contact them but they usually don't reply.
Spawn of Totoro Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:27am 
Charges were made because something was purchased. If it was with your premission or not isn't Valves fault. Someone got your card information and used it. Find where the infomration was taken from and plug that hole before more charges are made.

All you can do is wait for support. No one here can help you.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:27am
Deathlok (Banned) Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:34am 
"Help and Tips" is actually a misnomer. It's supposed to be called either "The Smurfs' Playground" or "Come Get Trolled if You Have a Problem." They just can't decide which way to go.

You can always contact your credit card company and report the charges as fraudulent. I imagine Valve will nuke your account, however.

As far as an official reply from people who work for the company and aren't trolls or Smurfs, that takes about ten days.

Hey, how did you get those special characters in your name? They're cool!

LOL @ the edit.
Last edited by Deathlok; Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:36am
FrazerJC Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:36am 
With the information you are giving, iamwileecoyote, "troll" is the right word.

You will need to contact Steam Support about this issue. Steam Support requires an account that is DIFFERENT to your Steam Account, so if you don't have a Steam Support account you'll need to create one. https://support.steampowered.com/register

Once you have your Steam Support account, you'll need to create a new ticket: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Steam Support take, on average, 2-5 working days to respond and tickets are answered in the order they are received.
xKoai [d'Ashbringer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:40am 
People also get this problem not just me. Try searching about it. (Valve Software Seattle)
Sorry to bother you guys :(
FrazerJC Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by ♫ Apple of My Eye♪:
People also get this problem not just me. Try searching about it. (Valve Software Seattle)
As already mentioned, you will need to contact Steam Support and wait for a response from them. Us lot here are only other gamers and we cannot help you with Account issues, such as this.
xKoai [d'Ashbringer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:56am 
I just wanted to know if there are people experiencing the same problem. And yes I did file a report awhile ago before even posting this up. I think this is enough, tnx for your time anyway.
Tito Shivan Aug 11, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
I just wanted to know if there are people experiencing the same problem. And yes I did file a report awhile ago before even posting this up. I think this is enough, tnx for your time anyway.
If it were a problem at a bigger scale, there would be more threads.
-What does it say here about that charge? If something was bought on your account it should show there. Look sor something out of place.
-Do you share your account, or someone else's has access to it? It's not the first time i see a kid/cousing trying to sneak a game purchase from dad's account (Or a psycho-EX girlfriend)
-Do you have any subscription with recurring payments? (a monthly paid MMORPG like WoW)

In any case, stick to your support ticket. And please do not issue a chargeback unless you want the account locked out of purchasing/trading/activating games. (That may also get the payment method banned from being used on Steam)

Originally posted by iamwileecoyote:
You can always contact your credit card company and report the charges as fraudulent. I imagine Valve will nuke your account, however.
If you're going to give bad advice you better shut up.
Issuing a chargeback is a sure ticket to a locked Steam Account.
lillydoodlebug Aug 11, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
too much drama for me!
Last edited by lillydoodlebug; Aug 11, 2013 @ 12:30pm
Steller Helen Keller Aug 11, 2013 @ 12:34pm 

I am sure they do. Little johnny borrows moms card without asking and buys a few things on Steam. Thats does not mean your charges are not legit though.

Support is slow but they will respond if you file a ticket. If you do a chargeback Steam will likely put restrictions on your account.
Last edited by Steller Helen Keller; Aug 11, 2013 @ 12:35pm
Vitdom Aug 11, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
What does your account history say? If it didn't register there, you didn't get a receipt and can initiate a chargeback through your bank / card issuer + file police charges.
lol Aug 11, 2013 @ 1:59pm 
go to your local bank that you are registerd at and check the purchase history for your credit card(s) someone may have stolen your info.
sword.blade Aug 11, 2013 @ 2:41pm 
That's a shame ! I'm sorry for you.
xKoai [d'Ashbringer] Aug 11, 2013 @ 7:38pm 
I cancelled my debit card after the charge. It might happen again. :((
My bank suddenly reported "Multiple usage on my card **** latest at VALVE SOFTWARE SEATTLE RM85.77 Aug07 09.33pm." Telling me to Call urgently if it wasn't me.

I don't think it was a one time charge. Haven't check my account yet.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 11, 2013 @ 11:18am