-NiveK- 13/jul./2013 às 22:35
Flash Deals?
Are 8 hour flash deals, really "flash deals"? Seems kind of long for a flash deal. Does Steam do actual flash deals, like an hour or less? Kind of new to Steam and this is my first sale.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 28
Why would anyone want to have such a short sale?
Coka Fire 13/jul./2013 às 22:44 
hahaha
having trouble waiting for the next flash deal because you aren't interested in the current games?
-NiveK- 13/jul./2013 às 22:46 
Escrito originalmente por louconzt48:
hahaha
having trouble waiting for the next flash deal because you aren't interested in the current games?

Naw, just curiosity.
I think 6hrs will be better than 8hrs per cycle.
That way, it will change 4 times per day instead of 3.
Mooselyn 13/jul./2013 às 23:09 
8hrs seems pretty good. Vote and look before bed. Wake up, new sale!
Mephistocrat 13/jul./2013 às 23:19 
Simple answer to a simple question: flash sales are shorter than the daily sales, thus, they're called "Flash Sales".

Escrito originalmente por Dendrobates Tinctorius:
Why would anyone want to have such a short sale?
Escrito originalmente por killustrator:
Simple answer to a simple question: flash sales are shorter than the daily sales, thus, they're called "Flash Sales".
That doesn't answer the question. OP was saying that sales should be an hour long or less (!), I was asking why they should be that short. We already know that they're less than 24 hours. But why is 8 hours too long? Why is an hour better? After all, 8 hrs is short enough that you'd have to check multiple times a day, but long enough that you can drive home from work or eat lunch or whatever and not miss it.
nvy 13/jul./2013 às 23:55 
One hour sale would be a stupid thing to do. For one, some people actually need a sleep. They can not refresh the page every 10 minutes 24/7. And there is a limit of connections to a server. One hour sale for something popular may bring Steam down. Read comments from the first day of the sale - so much fun for me and frustration for others.
Ryan 14/jul./2013 às 0:22 
flash sales usually offer the best discounts
Black Swan 14/jul./2013 às 0:30 
It works for me
skuishy 14/jul./2013 às 0:39 
They really do offer the best discounts but yea 1 hour would be too short, everyone would miss out on the sales.. Would be so disappointing, but I like the sound of 4 sales per day with a change every 6 hours
Considering Daily Deals actually last 48 hours; by comparison, I would say an 8 hour Flash is pretty quick.
MarkoP 14/jul./2013 às 0:55 
8 hours is just enough, 6 might even be a bit too short on occasion.
bukiyounahito 14/jul./2013 às 1:06 
No, they basically don't do that as far as I can tell from my time here.
Mephistocrat 14/jul./2013 às 1:11 
My bad, I intended to reply to him, not you.

Escrito originalmente por Dendrobates Tinctorius:
Escrito originalmente por killustrator:
That doesn't answer the question. OP was saying that sales should be an hour long or less (!), I was asking why they should be that short. We already know that they're less than 24 hours. But why is 8 hours too long? Why is an hour better? After all, 8 hrs is short enough that you'd have to check multiple times a day, but long enough that you can drive home from work or eat lunch or whatever and not miss it.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 28
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 13/jul./2013 às 22:35