DEATHinHD Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:35pm
Flash Deals?
Are 8 hour flash deals, really "flash deals"? Seems kind of long for a flash deal. Does Steam do actual flash deals, like an hour or less? Kind of new to Steam and this is my first sale.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Dendrobates Tinctorius Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:41pm 
Why would anyone want to have such a short sale?
money marc Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:44pm 
hahaha
having trouble waiting for the next flash deal because you aren't interested in the current games?
DEATHinHD Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:46pm 
Originally posted by louconzt48:
hahaha
having trouble waiting for the next flash deal because you aren't interested in the current games?

Naw, just curiosity.
Overjoyed PumpkinPie Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:06pm 
I think 6hrs will be better than 8hrs per cycle.
That way, it will change 4 times per day instead of 3.
Mooselyn Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:09pm 
8hrs seems pretty good. Vote and look before bed. Wake up, new sale!
Mephistocrat Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:19pm 
Simple answer to a simple question: flash sales are shorter than the daily sales, thus, they're called "Flash Sales".

Originally posted by Dendrobates Tinctorius:
Why would anyone want to have such a short sale?
Dendrobates Tinctorius Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:46pm 
Originally posted by killustrator:
Simple answer to a simple question: flash sales are shorter than the daily sales, thus, they're called "Flash Sales".
That doesn't answer the question. OP was saying that sales should be an hour long or less (!), I was asking why they should be that short. We already know that they're less than 24 hours. But why is 8 hours too long? Why is an hour better? After all, 8 hrs is short enough that you'd have to check multiple times a day, but long enough that you can drive home from work or eat lunch or whatever and not miss it.
nvy Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:55pm 
One hour sale would be a stupid thing to do. For one, some people actually need a sleep. They can not refresh the page every 10 minutes 24/7. And there is a limit of connections to a server. One hour sale for something popular may bring Steam down. Read comments from the first day of the sale - so much fun for me and frustration for others.
Ryan Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:22am 
flash sales usually offer the best discounts
Black Swan Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:30am 
It works for me
skuishy Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:39am 
They really do offer the best discounts but yea 1 hour would be too short, everyone would miss out on the sales.. Would be so disappointing, but I like the sound of 4 sales per day with a change every 6 hours
Dr. Shocks . DO Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:54am 
Considering Daily Deals actually last 48 hours; by comparison, I would say an 8 hour Flash is pretty quick.
Struja Jul 14, 2013 @ 12:55am 
8 hours is just enough, 6 might even be a bit too short on occasion.
derpnado Jul 14, 2013 @ 1:06am 
No, they basically don't do that as far as I can tell from my time here.
Mephistocrat Jul 14, 2013 @ 1:11am 
My bad, I intended to reply to him, not you.

Originally posted by Dendrobates Tinctorius:
Originally posted by killustrator:
That doesn't answer the question. OP was saying that sales should be an hour long or less (!), I was asking why they should be that short. We already know that they're less than 24 hours. But why is 8 hours too long? Why is an hour better? After all, 8 hrs is short enough that you'd have to check multiple times a day, but long enough that you can drive home from work or eat lunch or whatever and not miss it.
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2013 @ 10:35pm