กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Help and Tips > รายละเอียดกระทู้
[SUPER SUMMER SALE "Buy it or not?" GUIDE]
Hey you! Are you confused whether to buy a game or not and not overspend your budget? No worries! This guide will help you decide whether to buy it or skip it for something better.

Full source; http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/mZ6OO/lifehacker-how-to-make-the-most-of-the-steam-summer-sale

TL;DR

Buy it;

1) Its Daily sale
2) Flash sale
3) Community vote
4) "It's the last day of the sale" - Sloppy Seconds

Dont buy;
1) Normal steam discount in which it can go lesser when its in Daily/Flash/Community vote

AND DO NOT BUY GAMES THAT YOU WONT BE PLAYING OR ARE NOT INTERESTED IN IT JUST BCOS ITS SO DAMN CHEAP.. BUY GAME(S) THAT YOU WANT AND ARE WILLING TO INVEST YOUR TIME IN PLAYING IT INSTEAD OF JUST SHOWING HOW MANY GAMES YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIBRARY OR JUST BCOS IT GOT TRADING CARD, seriously.. (Sorry caps, just want you all to OPEN YOUR EYES and not go "OMG ITS CHEAP, ILL BUY IT AND KEEP IT FOREVER IN MY LIBRARY UNTIL I DIE AND LET MY KIDS PLAY IT" well.. anyways..

Enjoy the summer sale guys :) and if you do buy something and you're satisfied with it, don't be shy to share it below, show us your joy!!

UPDATE

Here's a mind-map of "Buy it or not?"; http://i.imgur.com/fuUzL0d.png

TL;DR

Is the game daily deal? - Yes, buy it. No, don't buy it.
Is the game flash sale? - Yes, buy it. No, don't buy it.
Is the game community vote? - Yes, buy it. No, don't buy it.
Is it the last day of Steam Summer Sale? - Yes, buy it. No, don't buy it.

Happy gaming! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON'T LIKE THIS THREAD? LEAVE, NO NEED TO WASTE YOUR TIME COMMENTING AND SAYING THAT IT SUCKS, A LOT OF PEOPLE FIND IT USEFUL. SO BUG OFF LOSER (:

I do not take all the credits done here.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย Sic.bn; 11 ก.ค. 2013 @ 3:09pm
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 69 ความเห็น
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย BRU Moxxxi:
AND DO NOT BUY GAMES THAT YOU WONT BE PLAYING OR ARE NOT INTERESTED IN IT JUST BCOS ITS SO DAMN CHEAP.. BUY GAME(S) THAT YOU WANT AND ARRE WILLING TO INVEST YOUR TIME IN PLAYING IT INSTEAD OF JUST SHOWING HOW MANY GAMES YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIBRARY.. (Sorry caps, just want you all to OPEN YOUR EYES and not go "OMG ITS CHEAP, ILL BUY IT AND KEEP IT FOREVER IN MY LIBRARY UNTIL I DIE" well.. anyways..

Little to late for that... But when I do die Ill rest in peace knowing my kids are enjoying the then "retro" games I have collected. (>^~^)>
I don't quite understand, this is my first summer sale.
How can I see the difference between a daily deal, a flash sale and a normal steam discount or community vote?
This Sale looks... A little dissapointing... :(
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย PatBack™ 9RGH7:
This Sale looks... A little dissapointing... :(

A LITTLE ?? Understatement of 2013 :p
half the stuff on these sales is the same old same old.... other sites have better..
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Schientia:
I don't quite understand, this is my first summer sale.
How can I see the difference between a daily deal, a flash sale and a normal steam discount or community vote?
Daily deal = The game that is on sale will get back to normal price after 24 or 48 hours.
Flash sale = Same as above but the duration is not that long.
Normal steam discount = Steam made this discount on its own as in it is not categorized in 'Summer sale (daily deal/flash sale)' so for example, game A is on sale -20% off and then next day, its on daily or flash sale and its -50% off, well its hard for m to explain, I dont have good variety of english words..

TL;DR

Read back the thread
Hooray! I already grabbed three games that I wanted =)
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Kirby4Life:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย BRU Moxxxi:
AND DO NOT BUY GAMES THAT YOU WONT BE PLAYING OR ARE NOT INTERESTED IN IT JUST BCOS ITS SO DAMN CHEAP.. BUY GAME(S) THAT YOU WANT AND ARRE WILLING TO INVEST YOUR TIME IN PLAYING IT INSTEAD OF JUST SHOWING HOW MANY GAMES YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIBRARY.. (Sorry caps, just want you all to OPEN YOUR EYES and not go "OMG ITS CHEAP, ILL BUY IT AND KEEP IT FOREVER IN MY LIBRARY UNTIL I DIE" well.. anyways..

Little to late for that... But when I do die Ill rest in peace knowing my kids are enjoying the then "retro" games I have collected. (>^~^)>
Retro.. So you're saying that in the future, there will be new genre type.. :p hmm.. I wonder what haha
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Psionic Platypus:
Hooray! I already grabbed three games that I wanted =)
WHAT IS ITTTT? SHARE IT WITH US ALL, SHARE YOUR JOY!!
Not entirely too impressed with the deals so far. A lot have been featured for less on other sites the past few weeks. Here's hoping for some bundles further in the week. *fingers crossed*
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย IonicThunder:
Not entirely too impressed with the deals so far. A lot have been featured for less on other sites the past few weeks. Here's hoping for some bundles further in the week. *fingers crossed*
Dont worry :) We still got 9 more days before it allllll end :']
Should I get counter strike complete, or do you think there will be a Valve Bundle?
So absolutely no chance of Skyrim:LE getting cheaper than in the flash sale now? I already got it for the PS3 (I know wrong decision :P) without any dlc, so I was wondering if it was worth it.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 69 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50

กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Help and Tips > รายละเอียดกระทู้