Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Help and Tips > Detaliile subiectului
What is a mystery card for?
I just found a mystery card when i crafted my HL2 City 17 badge, im just wondering what it will do. :headcrab:
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 28 comentarii
Obviously we don't know as it's a mystery. The description made that pretty clear.
Editat ultima dată de Discussions_Acc; 4 iul. 2013 la 13:33
Salvego 4 iul. 2013 la 13:49 
Looks like if you click the card 3 times at 3:33 pm and again at 3:33 am the mystery is solved.
_JP_ 4 iul. 2013 la 15:11 
The mysterious card is only obtainable by badge crafting.
It's purpose is simple, force people into the trading card scheme to get access to the extra perks of the summer sales.
If I know valve, you would need either 4 or 8 mysterious cards to be able to craft this year's summer sale badge. The badge will have 5 levels.
A themed emoticon/background will probably be awarded to you when you craft the badge.
So yeah, sounds like a scam just to push the gullible to spend more money.
Postat inițial de _JP_:

Yes, a completely optional thing that has no real impact on you is a scam...

On disc DLC that is unlocked by paying money is a scam
Overpriced DLC such as $8.99 to add a blimp to SimCity is a scam
Charging an arm and a leg for weapons that unbalances the game is a scam
Charging $15 for 4 maps and constantly fragmenting your online community is a scam

Something completely optional that has no negative impact on you is not a scam. No one is pointing a gun to your head forcing you to buy it and if someone wants to do it so what.

If I'm gullible so be it; I can afford it and it's fun.
Editat ultima dată de LoTekRabbit; 4 iul. 2013 la 18:09
Still interesting
Postat inițial de TenClub:
Postat inițial de _JP_:

Charging $15 for 4 maps and constantly fragmenting your online community is a scam

Something completely optional that has no negative impact on you is not a scam. No one is pointing a gun to your head forcing you to buy it and if someone wants to do it so what.

There is the fact that you cant get cards if you dont pay for example TF2 you need to buy an item or some other things same with warframe etc. Although i do admit its nice that you can buy L4D2 for £3.75 and Recoup some of that back with trading cards if not make a profit. I also bought alan wake in the sale for £1. 4 cards at 0.23p means i got the game ery cheap :)
Thanks, your post should be pinned or something on all the card bashing threads.
Postat inițial de _JP_:

Postat inițial de _JP_:

Hardly. Valve has already displayed a willingness to lock features behind level requirements, so dismissing the fact they're trying to push the TCG so much is simply stupid.
It's something they invented after people had already crafted many badges in order to make them seem like badges are actually worth anything at all. (make these damned things retroactive)
Postat inițial de OldPeasant:

Hardly. Valve has already displayed a willingness to lock features behind level requirements, so dismissing the fact they're trying to push the TCG so much is simply stupid.

What features and levels would you be speaking of? Yes, your account requires a purchased gaje to use the community features. So what? Sounds reasonable to me...
_JP_ 5 iul. 2013 la 2:19 
Postat inițial de _JP_:

Meant to write scheme. Boy do people get disturbed if somebody do so much as point a finger at valve. Still, thanks for proving my point that this is just to make people shell-out extra cash (for some feature that is completly irrelevant).
Editat ultima dată de _JP_; 5 iul. 2013 la 2:19
Postat inițial de DylansCPU:

There is the fact that you cant get cards if you dont pay for example TF2 you need to buy an item or some other things same with warframe etc. Although i do admit its nice that you can buy L4D2 for £3.75 and Recoup some of that back with trading cards if not make a profit. I also bought alan wake in the sale for £1. 4 cards at 0.23p means i got the game ery cheap :)
Technically you dont have to have bought a item in tf2, if you actually bought the game before it went f2p then i counts like any other purchased game.
and besides cards are supposed to be some insignificant side affect from playing the game that we allready bought as an additional reward. it is something that you dont have to spend extra money on if you dont want to and althoug the supported games list is rather small right now steam claims to plan on adding many more games to support the cards.

This is something i have been sayiing about DRM for a while now. DRM is not allways evil, as a anti-theft measure suh as steam which ensures that you purchase your game legitamately it is acceptable so long as it provides more for the game and the gamer then it takes away. for instance these cards are something that you can only get by playing your games on steam, restricting your options theoretically but becuse of the lower price of most games on steam and addicting fun of the trading card mechanic it becomes perfectly acceptable. :balloonicorn:
Auchit 5 iul. 2013 la 14:05 
Postat inițial de Salvego:
Looks like if you click the card 3 times at 3:33 pm and again at 3:33 am the mystery is solved.
sure it isn't 6 times at 6:66 :P
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 28 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Help and Tips > Detaliile subiectului
Data postării: 4 iul. 2013 la 13:24
Postări: 28