jackson921191 Mar 3, 2013 @ 7:35pm
Need to change me Email for Steam
I was having issues with Steam, somthing about entry point missing. I unistaled Steam and reinstalled it. This fixed the problem,but when I attempted to login Steam needed to Verify my account. Steam sent me an Email verifaction code, but that Email adress is not active. I submitted a ticket with Steam support,but no response. Frustrated I reactivated the Email account and Verified my account. Now I want to change the Email account associated with Steam., how can I do this? Thanks
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 3, 2013 @ 7:38pm 
Easy to do within the Client. From the drop-down menu -> Steam -> Settings -> Account tab -> Change Contact Email Address
jackson921191 Mar 3, 2013 @ 7:44pm 
Ok,that was really easy, thanks.
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 3, 2013 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by jackson921191:

Reactivating that old email acct was smart. The alternative is opening a Steam Support ticket and sending them a proof of purchase. You might not get a response for a day or two.
Ruby Mar 4, 2013 @ 1:53am 
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
Originally posted by jackson921191:

Reactivating that old email acct was smart. The alternative is opening a Steam Support ticket and sending them a proof of purchase. You might not get a response for a day or two.
Troll Spotted.
Law Mar 4, 2013 @ 2:10am 
Originally posted by Ruby:
Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:

Troll Spotted.

I lost access to my account a few years ago, and it was set to a really old email address (before the whole steam guard thing so it didn't really matter). The only way to get access back was to send them a photo of my serial for The Orange Box. It took a few days.

I really don't see the troll in his post. Are Steam support worse now? Does it take one or two weeks?
[dirrty]gsharp Mar 4, 2013 @ 8:17am 
Originally posted by Special Agent Fox Mulder:
Originally posted by Ruby:
Troll Spotted.

I lost access to my account a few years ago, and it was set to a really old email address (before the whole steam guard thing so it didn't really matter). The only way to get access back was to send them a photo of my serial for The Orange Box. It took a few days.

I really don't see the troll in his post. Are Steam support worse now? Does it take one or two weeks?

It really depends on the issue...and whether the submitter is an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ or not. I've gotten same day responses for my tickets about billing and account issues.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2013 @ 7:35pm