Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Help and Tips > Details van topic
Unable to connect to the Steam network
I have looked everywhere for a solution to my problem. I am using a Macbook Pro running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. I am running no proxies, and my firewall is off. I am connected to the internet wirelessly, but have tried connecting directly to the router as well. When I start the steam application, I get the option to log in using a pre-existing account or make a new account. Upon clicking the login button, I get a pop up saying:

Steam - Error

Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'Offline
Mode' is unavailable because there is no steam
login information stored on this computer.

You will not be able to use Steam until you can
connect to the Steam network again.

I have tried restarting my computer, and steam, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling it. I have tried everything from deleting only the ClientRegistry.blob file, to deleting all the files in the Mac HD/Users/davidmftw/Library/Application Support/Steam folder, sometimes leaving the SteamApps folder. Nothing has worked. I also tried creating a new account using the desktop application. I am given this error message:

Create a Steam Account

Your computer is either currently unable to reach the Steam servers, or the service may be temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
< >
1-15 van 16 reacties weergegeven
im also having a problem connecting to steam on PC steam can not connect error message has been hapinging since 10.30 AU-EST and belive its related to :
We're going to reboot a couple Steam servers today, Monday, March 11th, 2013 at approximately 16:00PDT (GMT-0700). The maintenance should not have any impact on any services, but be aware in case there's a blip.

Also, we're doing a service update tomorrow, Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 at 16:00 PDT (GMT-0700). This update should not impact game play for most users, but Steam chat, game lobbies, matchmaking, and community web features will be unavailable. Content downloads may be temporarily interrupted. Certain multiplayer games that aggressively check for an active Steam connection may also be affected.
im having the exact same problem..... i just moved house an fancied a game on offine mode as i have no internet... but i deleted all my browsing history an login details an now i cant connect to steam... im trying to do it through a dungle... would that be the problem for me?
i get the same ♥♥♥♥.
i just returned from a 2 month holiday.
today when i got back i started up Pc for the first time in 2 months and i get this.
looked every where and havn't found any soulutions yet.
VALVE GET IN HERE AND HELP US !
I had the same Problem with my steam client ("could not connect to steam network", then after deleteing everything but steam.exe and /steamapps folder "steam client has to be online to update", then after deinstalling steam and trying to reinstall it took ~20 tries until it downloaded the 110mb without error, but still kept getting errors that it could not connect to steam network)
In my case I just took a look at the windows update history (win7) and found out that the wlan driver was updated on march 5th. so i rolled back that update and everything worked again. you might want to give it a try if you have similar issues with your steam client as those mentioned in this thread.

(I use Windows 7)
first you should check if there is an update of your wireless driver in the update history
1. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Update
2. On the left side click "View update history"
3. Look for a line that says "Ralink - WLAN - ..." (in my case it was "Ralink - WLAN - D-Link DWA-140 RAngeBooster N USB Adapter", my wlan stick); hint: you just have to check the last 2-3 weeks - or whenever your steam client stopped working - so sort the updates by a click on "Date Installed" at the top ;)
4. If there was an update and you want to try to roll back:
- go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System
- click on "Device Manager" on the left side
- expand the "Network adapters" node in the device tree
- right-click on your wireless adapter mentioned earlier (here it only says "D-Link DWA-140 ..." - no "Ralink - WLAN -" as prefix)
- choose "Properties" in the context menu
- go to the "Driver" tab and click "Roll Back Driver"
- wait until windows is done rolling back (you may need to restart; though I didn't have to)
5. dont install those drivers again if steam client works now :) (might need to deactivate automatic windows updates)
Same problem here, I can't even make a new account. Anyone found a fix?
Alrighty guys, I had the same problem and this helped me:

Something was stopping my steam from updating, so I got the steam program files from a friend that had their steam working in top shape. From then on, I've had no problems.

Hope this helped :)
HELP! My internet turned off when I was playing TF2. I re-connected and restarted. When I tried to play TF2 now, it says im not connected to the steam network even though I am connected to it. Ive logged off logged on, checked the windows downloads, but I cant find a problem. btw it just happened today.
Laatst bewerkt door Antiphame; 1 jun 2013 om 13:25
Omg it will work just re.install :3
need to post
for me it was actually the anti-virus programm which was OFFLINE. once i rebooted it steam worked fine ?!?
I'm having this problem right now!! Sunday night, June 2nd, Steam was fine, but Monday afternoon it suddenly wasn't working.

I just tried the "refresh Steam files" fix, but I'm getting the same error as I try to connect to Steam. It's strange because I got the 'Authentication Code' email from Steam, but when I tried to input the code, Steam hung during the verification process, and I got that same old "Steam Client Bootstrapper" error.

This is nothing less than infuriatin. I'm gaming every day lately, and I was so crazy about finally playing Dishonored..

I'm going to try a full reinstall of Steam, but my hopes are not high. Should I wait? Perhaps this problem is server side?
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864960354114172939/#p7

This seems to be the best thread to follow for this Bug.
I have all sorts of problems.. The one that is showing up most is that is doesn't update, it says 0% complete and doesn't update. I've tried everything and nothing has worked yet. I'm pissed off cause I can't even open steam. I think it's something to do with the client service cause that isn't running at all, and when i try to start steam client service, nothing happens.
Hey everyone i found out how to fix this issues, all you to do is go to steam web create a new account and login into it and log out and go to your main. THIS WORKS
Origineel geplaatst door seismoid:
I had the same Problem with my steam client ("could not connect to steam network", then after deleteing everything but steam.exe and /steamapps folder "steam client has to be online to update", then after deinstalling steam and trying to reinstall it took ~20 tries until it downloaded the 110mb without error, but still kept getting errors that it could not connect to steam network) ...

Updated the WLAN drivers as per your suggestion and that worked.

< >
1-15 van 16 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Alle discussies > Steam-forum > Help and Tips > Details van topic
Geplaatst op: 11 mrt 2013 om 13:43
Aantal berichten: 16