Pop Goes the Weasel Jan 25, 2013 @ 12:36pm
Offline Mode Issues
I don't know if anyone has seen this issue before but I've been having problems with steam's offline mode and it remembering my account on my computer. I follow the standard process (open steam while online, restart in offline mode, etc.) and it works for about a week, maybe two , and then for no apparent reason steam decides that there is no account on the computer and requires internet connection to "re-add" the account. Is there anyway to avoid this problem?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Tranquility Feb 25, 2013 @ 5:40pm 
I've got this same problem ands it's really ♥♥♥♥ing me off.
BuzzardBee Feb 28, 2013 @ 5:11am 
Why are you playing offline so much, if I may ask?
muttbob Mar 8, 2013 @ 2:44am 
I have the same problem and am starting to hate Steam with a passion. I have like 15 Steam games and don't have internet at home. I do everything it says to do to play offline and it works for maybe a week and then, no Steam games. The only way to fix it is to pack up my pc and go connect online. I've only had Steam games for a few months but will never buy another one if they don't fix this. I see that this has been going on for years and can not find a soloution other than never buying another Steam game. I guess they won't miss me or the others that have and will leave. When I buy a pc game I want to be able to play it any time I want to play it! I paid for it to be able to use it!
beeman Mar 15, 2013 @ 3:27pm 
I am in the military and go up to 6 months with no internet. With Steam only working for 2 weeks in offline mode it is a waste of my time and effort to pay for my games via Steam. WTF Steam??? Over the past 3 years I have had no issue, now 2 weeks into my deployment Steam stops connecting through Offline mode. There were about ten others that experienced the same crap. If you want my money, fix it!
010012 Mar 22, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
First time user long time reader.I want to play in offline mode but cannot as it comes up with the
same error "no login information stored on this computer"?Worked fine before i re-installed
windows 7?.Noticed the weee "new" sitting over my user name that wasn't there before.I dont play online at all much so offline mode is what i go for.I prefer not to play online just single
player.When steam is updating for the first time i noted in the update box that the numbers
for the download were overlaping!! strange? like numbers over numbers..it updates to 97'000
characters+.when i seen this i instantly thought don't virus's do this Hmmmm.Maybe a bum
download updater?the old steam install never did this.I have tried & read just bout everything
written in the forums to no avail.I wonder if steam works ok in offline mode with the old steam installer..the one without the "new" above your user name?Can't test this theory as no idea how to get an old install going.Also noticed in "msconfig startup tab" when you hover your mouse cuser over and under the "command" tab where steam client is ticked that you get the ballon message "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe" -silent
What does this mean?have looked at the steam.exe file and its not in the target line?
Doesn't this "-silent" mean theres surposed something in a target line?Can anyone
confrim,deny this with the old steam inyourface..opps interface, compared to a new install?
The only way i can get steam to work in offline mode is to go online then make sure steam
is in the notification task bar area,go offline & start my single player game.Ive only got a pen stick that connects to the net with 3gb max so offline mode is important to me.Give me the cd's
for a game anytime over this rubbish,feel like ive been ♥♥♥♥ed on from a great height as
have many others ive read about.Thanks for your time reading this.

Montana Mar 24, 2013 @ 1:46am 
Originally posted by 010012:
First time user long time reader.I want to play in offline mode but cannot as it comes up with the
same error "no login information stored on this computer"?Worked fine before i re-installed
windows 7?.Noticed the weee "new" sitting over my user name that wasn't there before.I dont play online at all much so offline mode is what i go for.I prefer not to play online just single
player.When steam is updating for the first time i noted in the update box that the numbers
for the download were overlaping!! strange? like numbers over numbers..it updates to 97'000
characters+.when i seen this i instantly thought don't virus's do this Hmmmm.Maybe a bum
download updater?the old steam install never did this.I have tried & read just bout everything
written in the forums to no avail.I wonder if steam works ok in offline mode with the old steam installer..the one without the "new" above your user name?Can't test this theory as no idea how to get an old install going.Also noticed in "msconfig startup tab" when you hover your mouse cuser over and under the "command" tab where steam client is ticked that you get the ballon message "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe" -silent
What does this mean?have looked at the steam.exe file and its not in the target line?
Doesn't this "-silent" mean theres surposed something in a target line?Can anyone
confrim,deny this with the old steam inyourface..opps interface, compared to a new install?
The only way i can get steam to work in offline mode is to go online then make sure steam
is in the notification task bar area,go offline & start my single player game.Ive only got a pen stick that connects to the net with 3gb max so offline mode is important to me.Give me the cd's
for a game anytime over this rubbish,feel like ive been ♥♥♥♥ed on from a great height as
have many others ive read about.Thanks for your time reading this.

I have read your post and i really support your wish, that steam fix this.
dAb Mar 24, 2013 @ 7:55am 
Same here, Offline mode doesn't work anymore. Tried everything with no avail. I'm wating for a reply to my ticket.
realkman666 [FR] Mar 24, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by muttbob:
I have the same problem and am starting to hate Steam with a passion. I have like 15 Steam games and don't have internet at home. I do everything it says to do to play offline and it works for maybe a week and then, no Steam games. The only way to fix it is to pack up my pc and go connect online. I've only had Steam games for a few months but will never buy another one if they don't fix this. I see that this has been going on for years and can not find a soloution other than never buying another Steam game. I guess they won't miss me or the others that have and will leave. When I buy a pc game I want to be able to play it any time I want to play it! I paid for it to be able to use it!
They won't miss us, but GOG and others will probably appreciate the added business. Just when I was starting to consider purchasing regular priced games on Steam, they remind me that I don't own my stuff. Better now than later, I guess.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2013 @ 12:36pm