theFacialHerr Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:57pm
I can't post on forums...
I've tried posting from the website and from the program. I've tried logging out and logging back in. I can't comment on any forums except my own. Every time i try, this shows up:
Sorry, some kind of error has occurred: There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.
When i try again, it still doesn't work.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
FrazerJC Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:59pm 
Can you link us to a forum you're having these difficulties with, please?
Nevbox Apr 9, 2013 @ 10:55am 
I've got similar problems, activated my email in February and still get:

Nevbox, you do not have permission to access this page.
NUfaith May 3, 2013 @ 1:58am 
i get the same thing as nevbox
reptilezero Jun 30, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
Yep. Can't post anywhere. I'm getting real tired of Steam tonight, man -.-
Tatsur0 Jul 1, 2013 @ 12:13am 
Are you sure you guys aren't logging in with your steam account vs your forum account which is completely separate?

Also for OP many issues with market, wallet, forums have been happening as Valve's been sorting out things apparently affecting servers. I'd give it a bit and try again later.
Googz Aug 2, 2013 @ 5:18am 
I registered 4 days ago here (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1225) - made a separate login and linked it to my steam account. Whenever I try and post I get the following error:

Googz, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your account may not be activated. Please check that you have verified your email address.
Trading forums: Access to the trading forums requires that you link your Steam account to your Forum account. To link your accounts, click HERE.
Are you posting in Off Topic? You must have 10 or more posts to participate in Off Topic.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Duchess of Kvetch Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:50am 
Same here, can't access the mysteriously external "Trading" forum after merging my forum and Steam accounts. Been days, now. I can't even see my own profile. When I clicked though the confirmation email, it said I had to wait for a moderator to approve me. I feel like I'm waiting to get on some 3rd rate forum site, not something owned by Valve.
isopahasusi Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
interesting. i have same type of problems
Alexander DeLarge Sep 13, 2013 @ 3:30am 
I'm having the same issue.
terence.tommeleyn Sep 23, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Same problem
Conniption Oct 2, 2013 @ 12:00am 
I cant post anywhere either...really was hoping to get feedback from portal 2 since I just made a few maps. =o(
RpK Oct 2, 2013 @ 12:06am 
omg
guillermo78228 Oct 28, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
I cant start a new discussion. I get "There was an error creating a new topic: You've been posting too frequently, and can't make another post right now" I've gotten that all day
PONYLOVER CHESTMULLET Oct 28, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
As you are a limited user, you are not able to create new threads.

Limited User Accounts
ProudNL99 Oct 30, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
Got the same problem.. -__-
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 7, 2013 @ 5:57pm