Avipt 2012년 12월 22일 오후 2시 56분
An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed 24/7.
As the title says, have missed out on many deals cause of it. Any help would be much appriciated.
< >
51개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Tyko 3 2012년 12월 22일 오후 4시 44분 
I just started having this same issue after having bought 3 games today already. Seems it suddenly started having errors.
SARIEL2112xx 2012년 12월 24일 오전 9시 26분 
Me too, it started from on 12/22/2012... I missed some great games, because of this.
Sloppy Seconds 2012년 12월 24일 오전 9시 27분 
Try Paypal.
Tyko 3 2012년 12월 24일 오전 10시 54분 
Sloppy Seconds님이 먼저 게시:
Try Paypal.

It happens with every payment method.
Sloppy Seconds 2012년 12월 24일 오전 11시 02분 
Just something that worked for me last year after I was getting the same problem.

I filed a support ticket last year and got the response (a snippet):
Your bank may also have online purchasing restrictions in place on your credit card. We suggest that you verify your online purchasing options with your bank to ensure Steampowered Games is added to your list of trusted online merchants.

While I didn't bother to contact my bank, didn't want to wait, I just used PayPal as a work around. Considering that you have just recently and have rapidly been purchasing from Steam, it would probably be worth while to contact your bank to see if they've flagged Steam as suspicious.
Renaurd 2012년 12월 24일 오전 11시 26분 
Worst customer service available out there. I used paypal without any restrictions on my account and had the same problem. Filed the ticket with enough time to receive an answer and resolve the matter in time to get the deals on the games I was trying to buy and guess what. Nothing from Steam. Now the specials are gone and more and more people are having the same problem. If this was a matter that had occurred in years past why did they not work to prevent it?

I recommend that we all who had this problem, make the request that those deals that we missed be available to us for purchase.
Jacknight 2012년 12월 24일 오전 11시 47분 
It seems like it has to be steam. I have been using gift cards to purchase games for years now and even yesterday i picked up the darksiders franchise. Now all the sudden i can not purchase anything anymore. It says unexpected error has ocurred every time for more than one payment method. It might be that steam is being overloaded with purchase requests.
banzaigtv 2012년 12월 24일 오후 11시 50분 
There's a scary possibility that Origin and Gamestop are reporting a serious increase in sales because of this.
Tyko 3 2012년 12월 25일 오전 12시 00분 
I had to go buy XCOM from another site. They sold me a steam code for $23 instead of the 33 I would have paid directly from steam so atleast something good came of it. Still, it sucks for Valve. and they do need to work on costumer support. I love Valve as much as the next guy but I have found myself cursing at their support staff more often than not, especially when it comes to refunds. I have never gotten a refun to date but have received a lot of "im sorry's" from the staff.
Sloppy Seconds 2012년 12월 25일 오전 12시 58분 
banzaigtv님이 먼저 게시:
There's a scary possibility that Origin and Gamestop are reporting a serious increase in sales because of this.

This isn't scary, this is what consumers should be doing, shopping around, looking for deals and alike. Seriously, why are people weighted so heavily to Steam that they will shy away from another store that sells the exact same product that Steam offers yet cheaper and possible with better service?
Sloppy Seconds 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 12월 25일 오전 12시 58분
banzaigtv 2012년 12월 25일 오전 1시 11분 
Sloppy Seconds님이 먼저 게시:
banzaigtv님이 먼저 게시:

This isn't scary, this is what consumers should be doing, shopping around, looking for deals and alike. Seriously, why are people weighted so heavily to Steam that they will shy away from another store that sells the exact same product that Steam offers yet cheaper and possible with better service?
Yeah, good point. Some games are better off being purchased elsewhere, especially EA games. I'm considering getting NFSMW from Origin for $24.99 if the sale holds during the next 24 hours. Even if the sale expires, I can still pick up a retail disc version from Best Buy for that amount since I received a $25 Best Buy gift card for Christmas. :)

EDIT: Oh wait, according to the Best Buy website, the local store has that game on sale for $29.99 and with my gift card, I could get it for dirt cheap. So I'm on my way to buy the disc version tomorrow. :)
banzaigtv 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 12월 25일 오후 4시 18분
TheLonelyCookie 2012년 12월 25일 오후 8시 58분 
I have the solution!!!! 1. Close out of the Steam application (The one that you have downloaded to your computer, and it would be helpful to go offline too). 2. Type in your internet search browser Steam Wallet Redeem and click the SteamPowdered Link 3. Type in your code and put your cursor over the continue button and HOLD DOWN ENTER. 4. It will send your code about fifty times and eventually you will get a "Code is not Valid' Error. Refresh the page (f5) and BAM! Your money!!! Spread this around!!!
ventu 2012년 12월 26일 오전 12시 37분 
I'm having the same problem for a day and i'm probably going to miss the deals. This has been frustrating.
Ahminyoface 2012년 12월 26일 오전 10시 01분 
I'm in the same situation with a prepaid $100 mastercard. Registered it on vanillamastercard.com for online purchases and have used these cards with steam in the past with no issue, but this time all I get is this angering error message. Opened a support ticket but I won't hold my breath on that solving the issue. Geez steam, just take my money already.
Avipt 2012년 12월 26일 오후 1시 56분 
Im gonna copy the help i got from Steam support now that actually helped me, dont know if it helped or steam just decided to work anyway but ill show ya

If using a PC
-Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default this is C:\Program Files\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
-Delete all of the files except for:
Steam.exe
And the folder \SteamApps\

Restart your computer and test the issue.

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.
< >
51개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2012년 12월 22일 오후 2시 56분
게시글: 51