:{3 Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:13pm
Updating steam...
The update took about 110,xxx KB and then it just went to Extracting package.. and it keeps on loading and loading and never ends. What is this problem actually?
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Phase Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:39pm 
same problem here.
Im using Wineskin and running through MacOSX
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:41pm 
Seems like it's a pretty common problem. If the update hangs for several minutes, kill the process and start again. I had the same problem occur on a Win8 laptop earlier today.
Phase Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:48pm 
Ive been trying everything withouy any success, if anyone found any way to solve it, please tell me what to do. Thanks in advance
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by phase:
Ive been trying everything withouy any success, if anyone found any way to solve it, please tell me what to do. Thanks in advance

You're on your own, pal. Steam through Wineskin over OSX? That's a cluster♥♥♥♥.

OP, give my tip a shot. It's worked for other Windows users.

Phase Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:13pm 
The wineskin uses Windows xp platform, so maybe other users with windows xp may be facing the same problem.
Phase Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:15pm 
this is the only way to play dota2 on osx nowadays. I would love to only use steam for mac to run dota 2 .

Originally posted by dirrtygsharp:
Originally posted by phase:

You're on your own, pal. Steam through Wineskin over OSX? That's a cluster♥♥♥♥.

OP, give my tip a shot. It's worked for other Windows users.
Бонапарт Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:56pm 
I'm having the same issue. Not sure what else to do but wait for it to finish which is taking ages. Its been about 3 hours and only 7 out of 110 kbs are done.
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:57pm 
Originally posted by Calo Nord wow von wtf are you at:
I'm having the same issue. Not sure what else to do but wait for it to finish which is taking ages. Its been about 3 hours and only 7 out of 110 kbs are done.

Can you possibly provide less information? What OS?
Бонапарт Feb 14, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
Originally posted by Calo Nord wow von wtf are you at:

Windows 7 64 bit
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:09pm 
Originally posted by Calo Nord:

Windows 7 64 bit

> Seems like it's a pretty common problem. If the update hangs for several minutes, kill the
> process with Task Manager and start again. I had the same problem occur on a Win8 laptop
> earlier today.
Бонапарт Feb 14, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Calo Nord:
Windows 7 64 bit

> Seems like it's a pretty common problem. If the update hangs for several minutes, kill the
> process with Task Manager and start again. I had the same problem occur on a Win8 laptop
> earlier today.
The speed has picked up greatly after ending the process via the Task Manager, thanks.
:{3 Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
the 110kbs is done updated, its just the extracting package problem that is leading this madness... it's still not solved, i'm using windows xp btw..
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:18pm 
Originally posted by Zarcanutz:
the 110kbs is done updated, its just the extracting package problem that is leading this madness... it's still not solved, i'm using windows xp btw..

What have you done to solve this problem?
:{3 Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:32pm 
what problem? i still can't access steam @.@ i'm having the problem lol
[dirrty]gsharp Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:45pm 
Originally posted by Zarcanutz:
what problem? i still can't access steam @.@ i'm having the problem lol

Is English not your first language? What...have...you....done...TO FIX THIS problem? Have you restarted your Steam Client? Have you rebooted? Have you tried the Task Manager tip I mentioned earlier?

Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:13pm