iLurk Feb 26, 2013 @ 9:57pm
I can't get Steam to start up at all today.
So I was going to play some games just now. I opened up my computer and realised that Steam ol' buddy was not already running like it always was. I tried to start it up again, clicking on my desktop shortcut. There was a loading circle and...nothing. No pop ups at all. Nothing happened. I though of every possible problem it might be, from a computer virus to the fact that I changed a wallpaper yesterday. Now I don't know that much about computer but I more or less know about how Task Manager works. I clicked on steam again, only to see that steam.exe appeared, together with this other process called steamerrorreport.exe, for roughly 4 seconds before disappearing. I tried opening steam in some other ways, with New Task..., as administrator, going to the folder and clicking steam, after restarting the computer and even tried running a game from the start bar. Well, nothing worked and Steam was not starting up, or any games for that matter. I really hate doing the whole uninstalling/reinstalling thing and I hope I don't have to get to that. Does this have anything to do with an update? Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
iLurk Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
Day 2. Steam still can't be opened. I ran a full scan on my drives and came up with nothing. I'd really like to play my games again, is there really no one that can help? I have no idea what the problem is here.
Ben Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:02am 
has windows updated anything recently? mine updated wireless drivers yesterday and it stopped steam working. try rolling back drivers, system restore or deleting the contents of your steam folder in program files (apart from steam.exe and the steamapps folder), or simply try reinstalling it.
iLurk Feb 28, 2013 @ 3:40am 
Okay, I've just reinstalled it and wow...I've never been so happy to see the little gray pop-up again. Thank you so much! Now I've learned the wonderfulness of reinstalling (salute).
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2013 @ 9:57pm