MasterShaba Feb 12, 2013 @ 3:29pm
Multiple games fail to launch
I am going to just copy and paste what i put in a steam support ticket to see if i can get player help.

"How do I fix multiple games failing to launch? I have validated them, un-installed them, tried the clientregistry.blob and even tried fully uninstalling steam and re-installing it. Now some games do run, but others do not. I will click launch and it says "Preparing to launch" and my profile icon in the bottom right hand corner turns green and says i am playing, but the game itself does not launch, there is no icon on the start bar and nothing on the task manager. These games worked fine for me last week on an old hard drive that had vista on it, but i recently upgraded to a new hard drive with Windows 7. I am now in the process of re-installing all my games for a 3rd time, this is really aggravating, I hope you can help."

"The games that are not working for me are Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto 4, Grand Theft Auto 4: Episodes from liberty city, Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2. When I go to check my processes on my task manager the process is there so it is attempting to launch, but it uses 0% of my CPU and there is still no actual game. I do have other games that do work, but having issues like this is making me extremely hesitant on buying new games. Please help soon."
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Follow the instructions given in this Support Article and see if it helps:
Steam Support -> Games do not run after 'Preparing to Launch'
facedown Feb 12, 2013 @ 6:27pm 
New OS? You most likely do not have the proper drivers loaded for the new OS.

You changed the hard drive and OS but you are using the same computer?
MasterShaba Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:09pm 
Nah, its been a slow rebuild, everything is new but my graphics card, i just re downloaded Borderlands for a 6th time, this time i realized that it doesn't download any of the running programs, such as directx. As i stated before i do have some games that do work, but about 75% of my games do not. It is actually really kinda annoying. And I would be shocked if I did not have the proper drivers.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2013 @ 3:29pm