Nagroom Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:57am
SKYRIM.ESM AND UPDATE.ESM IS MISSING HELP ME PLEASE
My skyrim.esm and update.esm is missing and i dont know how too get them back! My skyrim crashes whenever i try too load a game :( sorry for bad english
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
FrazerJC Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:03pm 
Try verifying the game cache files. If you do not know how to do this, please take a look at this Steam Support article:
Steam Support -> Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)
Nagroom Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:08pm 
I did that it says 1 file is missing and its gonna donwload but there still no skyrim.esm and it still crashes.
FrazerJC Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
Do you have any custom mods installed?

If so, remove those. Steam Workshop mods can be disabled here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/FrazerJC/myworkshopfiles/?browsesort=mysubscriptions&browsefilter=mysubscriptions&p=1

If you have any mods downloaded from a third party website you'll have to look up how to remove those manually.

Once you have removed those, verify the game cache files once again.
Nagroom Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
Ive removed all my mods and verified the cache still same thing happens :( but ive got the dawnguard and heartfire dlcs could they cuase any trouble? Everything worked fine until today.
FrazerJC Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
A quick Google tells me that the Skyrim.esm is a piracy check. Performing a Game Cache Verification should redownload the file for you. If this hasn't happened, I suggest you restart your computer, perform the verify again and then try to launch your game.

If the game still doesn't work, at this point all I can suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling your game.
Nagroom Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:24pm 
Ive reinstalled my game i gonna restart my computer later hopefully it will work. anyway thanks for the help :)
Nagroom Feb 13, 2013 @ 6:29am 
It didint work ive contacted steam support too see if they can help me :(
Apex Mar 16, 2013 @ 8:58pm 
What did they say because i have EXACTLY the same problem as you.
Nagroom Mar 17, 2013 @ 3:01am 
I didnt get a answer but i deleted my saves and created a new character then it worked.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:57am