Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:32pm
How do I complain about Steam?
I want to make an official complaint to Steam/Bethesda about my game being unplayable. I am absolutely fed up of this and getting nowhere with the joke that is "Support".
If anyone knows how to get their attention or who/where to address a complaint I would be very grateful, thanks.
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:51pm 
Originally posted by Nemesis:
I want to make an official complaint to Steam/Bethesda about my game being unplayable. I am absolutely fed up of this and getting nowhere with the joke that is "Support".
If anyone knows how to get their attention or who/where to address a complaint I would be very grateful, thanks.

What is the issue you are having?

If a game isn't working, you need to contact the Developer of that game for support. Steam does not offer support for 3rd party games.
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:55pm 
I am no longer able to play Skyrim because Steam will not allow it and I have been unable to find any reason why
The The Folant Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:56pm 
Did you install any mods?
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:58pm 
Yes
The The Folant Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
Did this problem occur after you installed said mod/s?
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
but Mods aren't the issue
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:01pm 
it happened after I signed into my account yesterday morning to try to subscribe to a new mod, which it said I couldn't do until I purchased the game
jjb-54 Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:07pm 
Yes

did you uncheck - turn off the mods? I am going to guess, that you have. Then did you Re-Install SKYRIM - leaving all the MODS > OFF < to see if it starts? Also, there are some crashes that will not be 'fixed' short of starting the game over from the Beginning. It sucks, I know, as I have had to do that 3 x's. But that was the only answer as some MODS corrupted the saved games.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:10pm 
it happened after I signed into my account yesterday morning to try to subscribe to a new mod, which it said I couldn't do until I purchased the game

How did you obtain skyrim? Also check your library if you still have the game.
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:10pm
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:12pm 
can't do anything with the mods, i can't even get the "play" button for Skyrim. Steam wants me to buy a new game and will not recognise that my game is valid. I can see my achievements and tells me I last played it on 15th Jan, but that I don't own a copy anymore??
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:13pm 
I bought the disc via Amazon so I still have the proof of purchase. The game's still there on my machine, just Steam doesn't seem to recognise it anymore and won't allow me to play it
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:14pm 
Thanks by the way, very much appreciated
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:15pm 
I bought the disc via Amazon so I still have the proof of purchase. The game's still there on my machine, just Steam doesn't seem to recognise it anymore and won't allow me to play it

Call up amazon then, your business is not with steam. In fact you can contact amazon live chat and ask whats up from within the website.

Here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&skip=true

Ask them why has skyrim been revoked from your account. (assuming it is in fact revoked)
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:18pm
Nemesis Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
It's almost like it doesn't recognise me as the legitimate user of the game, I tried validating the game with the CD key and it said I couldn't as someone else had already used that key, it then emailed me to tell me that someone had tried to use the key
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:17pm 
Again contact Amazon with my link.

It's almost like it doesn't recognise me as the legitimate user of the game, I tried validating the game with the CD key and it said I couldn't as someone else had already used that key, it then emailed me to tell me that someone had tried to use the key
Last edited by Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel; Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:17pm
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:32pm