Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Тема закрыта
Steam prevents computer from going to sleep/standby
I noticed the computer will not automatically go to sleep when Steam is running and a game has been launched atleast once. Even though nothing is downloading, the computer will not go to sleep. As soon as I exit Steam, the computer will standby/sleep after the elapsed time. Any idea what is preventing standby?

What's interesting is if I simply launch Steam, PC will go to sleep soon after being idle. Only once I launch a game then exit, the computer will not go to sleep automatically. Launching/exiting more games will not revert this. Only exiting Steam will fix this.

Thanks for the help
< >
Сообщения 115 из 46
http://pastebin.com/HcjSSD6j

I'm using LucidVirtu to use the integrated GPU when not running games so the log doesn't have information on the discrete graphics I have on my machine.

Edit:
Here's log after setting dxdiag to use the discrete gpu:
http://pastebin.com/kQEx2ixP
Отредактировано PooperScooper; 24 янв. 2013 г. в 18:00
This isn't a driver/MS update issue. This is a bug in Steam. All drivers are updated regularly, same as MS updates. How do I go about reporting this to the Steam devs?
Steam seems to fail to close an audio stream that it uses for something.

C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS _10438445&REV_1003\4&2ab41b84&0&0001) An audio stream is currently in use. AWAYMODE: None.
After closing steam, its all clear.
interesting! nice find levonepure
Отредактировано Jessi; 10 июн. 2013 г. в 2:11
I can confirm this is the issue. A workaround is to use the powercfg -requestoverride on the realtek driver. This allows the machine to go to sleep when its supposesd to even with steam open. The only disadvantage is it ignores the audio streams for other things. For example, listening to music normally prevents sleep but now my computer goes to sleep while playing music.
Gonna necro this and ask why hasn't this been fixed yet? It's been over a year and this bug is still in Steam
Can confirm still facing this issue on Windows 8.1 as well
well try your pc setting to sleep every hour
Like i said, only way to get to sleep is manually. Currently set to sleep after 15 min idle. The workaround still works, but its a problem when viewing media since it ignores the driver request to not go to sleep.
I'm going to raise this from the dead once more becasue I have this issue too and find it's more prevalent after using in-game chat.
if you have windows, look in the bottom right hand corner an you should see an arrow. if you click it and see the steam logo, steam hasnt closed all the way. may be the problem you're having
I had the same problem. Solution for me: Get out of any page that might play audio/video. For example, move to library window before closing Steam window. This worked for me,
< >
Сообщения 115 из 46
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Help and Tips > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 23 янв. 2013 г. в 16:55