This topic has been locked
Willy G Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:25pm
Visa Vanilla giftcard wont work. credit info is declined by credit card company
So, for Christmas, I got a $50 visa giftcard from my grandparents who live in Florida. I live in Louisiana. Do I have enter their adress, phone, etc., or can I use mine?
Last edited by Willy G; Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:30pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
V2Blast Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:27pm 
...Did they activate it before they gave it to you? If not, did you activate it?
Willy G Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:29pm 
yes, I checked and it is activated
V2Blast Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:33pm 
Visa Gift Card - FAQ[usa.visa.com]

What is a Visa Gift card?
The Visa Gift card is a prepaid card welcome everywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted. The Visa Gift card is issued by a bank pursuant to terms and conditions determined by the bank and that create a contract between the cardholder and the bank. The bank that issues the Visa Gift card is referred to as the card issuer.

Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases?
Yes. However, to make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuer, or by visiting their web site.
When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card. If the information is different, the transaction may be declined.
You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card documentation.
Last edited by V2Blast; Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:35pm
Willy G Dec 28, 2012 @ 2:29pm 
Thank you so much! I just needed to register it under my zip code and now it works!
Wolfstar★ Jun 10, 2013 @ 6:37pm 
I JUST FOUND OUT! it says on the site that after you register your card for online purchases, it takes 2 hours for the card to activate in most cases. I guess that's why I've been having my issues. Gotta wait a couple hours. Sucks to run home after a getting a card and wanting to add funds to my Steam wallet, only to find out I gotta wait til' later after registration.
hotto doggu Dec 12, 2015 @ 4:53am 
Is the max to wait 24 hours? because im still having problems and mine has $150 for paypal going towards opskins.com Help please ;-;
Last edited by hotto doggu; Dec 12, 2015 @ 4:54am
same @Luke i heard they decline it if the seller is from foreign country..
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 27, 2012 @ 8:25pm