Ce sujet a été verrouillé
An error has occurred while installing [INSERT GAME TITLE HERE] (content servers unreachable)
An error has occurred while installing [INSERT GAME TITLE HERE] (content servers unreachable)
I am unable to download or install the vast majority of my Steam games. Even games that I have retail copies of (I have the CD) cannot be installed either. I keep getting the message: "An error has occurred while installing [INSERT GAME TITLE HERE] (content servers unreachable)." Oddly enough however, one game does download and install fine, that being: "King Arthur II, the Roleplaying Wargame". As well as this, I have tried downloading my games on another PC (with my account), and it downloads fine. I cannot use that PC however, because I it does not have good enough hardware to run most games.

To solve this myself I have:
-Rebooted from last known good configuration.
-Deleted all content & Re-Installed Steam.
-Attempted to Download without Firewalls
-Changed download region
-Connected to the internet via a different means (wireless etc)
-Changed download location

An example of what happens when I try to install a game via download:
Stays on this for ages: http://oi45.tinypic.com/2vabk2g.jpg
Then goes to this: http://oi45.tinypic.com/347k9rn.jpg
When I click "See the Steam support site for more information" I get this: http://oi46.tinypic.com/vwsbwp.jpg

Any ideas anyone?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 14 sur 14
Alex 17 déc. 2012 à 21h02 
According to Firebind, there doesnt seem to be a problem with it...
Satoru 17 déc. 2012 à 21h17 
Try changing your DNS settings

Also are you behind any kind of proxy via a school or work?
Dude i have this exact same problem trying to install hitman absolution. Have you had any luck?
Got this same problem when trying to install Skyrim and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (even though the games files are in my steamapps folder). Tried all of the same things OP has done without any luck. Hope this is temporary, otherwise I will never use Steam again.
Satoru a écrit :
Try changing your DNS settings

Also are you behind any kind of proxy via a school or work?

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP and I'm using a school internet connection. What are the possible fixes for this?
Fredichu a écrit :
Go through this:
Troubleshooting Network Connectivity

Otherwise try this:
Firebind Steam Test[www.firebind.com]

That dosen't work for me.
Alex 17 févr. 2013 à 10h49 
Problem is solved for me. I had IE configured to go through a proxy, which then failed.
As soon as I stopped IE from doing so, steam started working once again.
I have the (content servers unreachable) problem. So what is the cause?
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm having this problem with Garry's Mod and it's pissing me off to say the least.
Catsyolo a écrit :
Anyone figure this out yet? I'm having this problem with Garry's Mod and it's pissing me off to say the least.

Are you configured to use a proxy server?
♥♥♥♥ idk
Same thing is happening to me. With PAYDAY 2, After the alesso heist update.
The problem with mine was a firewall set by my family members unknown to me. I have since taken it off, which has fixed the problem
It might be something with the account because someone else used the laptop im using and they can play there games
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 14 sur 14
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 16 déc. 2012 à 8h08