summit Dec 12, 2012 @ 6:30pm
15 Days?
So i wanted to give my friend the premium gift for xmas and today i WAS gonna give it to him, so i traded him and this comes up: You must have had Steam Guard enabled for at least 15 days before you can participate in a trade. yet ive had steam guard enabled since August. I even saw it when trading a week ago saying that "Steam Guard is active on this account" sooooooooooooooooo my question is WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 2 WEEKS, even though ive had it on wayyyyyyyyyyyy before this stuff came up.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Dec 12, 2012 @ 6:46pm 
15 day from when you authorized the computer/device you are trying to trade through.

It is added securitym this way if someone gains access to your account, you have 15 days to find out about it before they can trade away your inventory.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Dec 12, 2012 @ 6:51pm
summit Dec 12, 2012 @ 6:54pm 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
15 day from when you authorized the computer/device you are trying to trade through.

It is added securitym this way if someone gains access to your account, you have 15 days to find out about it before they can trade away your inventory.

Then how come some people can still trade in TF2?
Spawn of Totoro Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:24pm 
They are using a divice that was authorized more the 15 days ago. It isn't when you started using Steam Guard that starts the 15 days, it is when you authorized the device.

I may have had Steam Guard for 60 days, but if I got a new computer and authorized it for Steam 5 days ago, I would still have 10 days to wait. If I wanted to sell something now, I would have to use my old computer, since that one was authorized when I started Steam Guard, 60 days ago.
Τhe Rolling Cheese Wheel Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:45pm 
I still can't believe there are people that do not use steamguard.
Spawn of Totoro Dec 12, 2012 @ 7:46pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:

This seems more like a misunderstanding as to when the 15 day countdown starts, thenit does about what Steam Guard does.
summit Dec 12, 2012 @ 9:49pm 
Originally posted by The Rolling Cheese:
Umm i use Steam Guard. I dont get why people turn it off in the first place
Ephixxy Dec 13, 2012 @ 2:54am 
I hate this so much. I was about to buy a clean Fancy Fedora and this popped up... I've always had it activated on my computer.
Last edited by Ephixxy; Dec 13, 2012 @ 2:54am
不讓我的眼淚陪我過夜 Dec 13, 2012 @ 3:31am 
MAN ♥♥♥♥ !! IM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM TOO !! WHAT HAPPEN ? SOMEONE PLEASE FIX IT !!
☜ dInIkIn ☞ Dec 13, 2012 @ 4:54am 
I have always enabled Steam Guard but the exchange is closed only wait
TheHolyPotatoSalad Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:55pm 
i've had steam guard for 15 days- still nothing it says i must have steam guard enabled for 15 days before i can participate in a trade. Help if u can :D
FrazerJC Jan 20, 2013 @ 9:57pm 
Originally posted by TheHolyPotatoSalad:
i've had steam guard for 15 days- still nothing it says i must have steam guard enabled for 15 days before i can participate in a trade. Help if u can :D
To my knowledge, you also must have had a successful Steam Purchase between 30 and 365 days ago.
Quick!SaveTheChildren Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:23pm 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
To my knowledge, you also must have had a successful Steam Purchase between 30 and 365 days ago.

I've been meaning to ask about this. Isn't that only for the Community Market? I haven't seen any Valve employee post this about TF2 trading or regular user to user trading.
Last edited by Quick!SaveTheChildren; Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:24pm
FrazerJC Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:25pm 
Originally posted by Quick!SaveTheChildren:
I've been meaning to ask about this. Isn't that only for the Community Market? I haven't seen any Valve employee post this about TF2 trading or regular user to user trading.
I thought it was just for the Steam Market, too, but it seems to fit for many people who are having issues with Steam Trading.
tmwfte Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
I thought it was just for the Steam Market, too, but it seems to fit for many people who are having issues with Steam Trading.

I initially thought so too, but due to a message on one of the Steam Trades threads by a member of Valve (unfortunately I can't find it otherwise I'd post a link) and this -- https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417#canttrade -- it looks like the 30-day rule is definitely applying outside of the Market as well.
FrazerJC Jan 20, 2013 @ 10:39pm 
Originally posted by tmwfte:
I initially thought so too, but due to a message on one of the Steam Trades threads by a member of Valve (unfortunately I can't find it otherwise I'd post a link) and this -- https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417#canttrade -- it looks like the 30-day rule is definitely applying outside of the Market as well.
A-ha. Thanks for pointing out that article, tmwfte. I hadn't realised it had been updated to confirm our thoughts. :)
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2012 @ 6:30pm