I can't log on to steam!
For the past three days I haven't been able to log on - after a few minutes of trying I just get the "could not connect to steam server" message. Obviously I can connect properly here so there's nothing wrong with my account, or my internet (posting from the same computer), and I had no trouble logging on before.

I've posted a ticket to tech support three days ago and received no reply. In the meantime I can't access any of my games. I'm really frustrated and thinking of just quitting Steam altogether, I just want to finish my games first.

So I have two questions:
1. Any ideas on how I can fix this situation?
2. Is there a way to play my games without logging on, without setting Steam to offline mode? Since I need to log on first in order to activate offline mode (brilliant design BTW).

I'd appreciate any help anyone can provide.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 18
Sassop 11. Dez. 2012 um 8:14 
How did you write this?
I'm also having this problem, still no solution in sight, tried almost everything.
Hello,

I cannot log into steam. I get the error 'Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers'. It worked fine and then I changed my user name, yet I can change my user name and password so these are correct. Steam also completes an update. When I tried to open I got the above message. I have tried running as admin, deleting blob files, uninstalling everything, reinstalling everything, restarting modem, stopping all start-up programs, port-forwarding and ensuring DMZ is off.
ryanitfc 11. Dez. 2012 um 12:02 
Im having exactly the same problems!!! Its really starting to annoy me now... we pay good money for these games through this "service" there should be an effective support team!! The way we are treated is disgusting. Every setting is correct ive checked everything it could be!
I had a previous account, and had to create another to get black ops 2. I'm able to create a new account and log in just fine, so it's not my side.
Lactury 11. Dez. 2012 um 12:09 
I have the same problem too.

If you try to boot in safemode with networking, log in to Steam and reboot normally you should be able to log on a bit. After ca 30 min the Steam freezes and restarts..
Xenome I seen that tip, but you can't boot in safemode just to play. I'm saving these posts as a backup. Please list the things you have tried.
Wonder if steam have any mods in this section to help.
Lactury 11. Dez. 2012 um 13:31 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Widow_Maker:
Xenome I seen that tip, but you can't boot in safemode just to play. I'm saving these posts as a backup. Please list the things you have tried.
What I have tried:
• Delete / Rename "ClientRegistry.blob" and/or "AppUpdateStats.blob".
• Reinstalled Steam several times.
• Delete all files except "steam.exe", "SteamApps" and "userdata"

If you want, you could always read my discussion: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/846939071447983813/
I have ;)
I changed my user name and got the cannot log into servers at startup/login. I have just got an email to say I'm logging in with a new computer with a code. This now lets me in.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Widow_Maker:
I changed my user name and got the cannot log into servers at startup/login. I have just got an email to say I'm logging in with a new computer with a code. This now lets me in.
I'll try that too then :3
rysiu 5. Mai 2013 um 11:24 
i have this problem too... help ;(
I had a problem with LeftForDead2. When i wanted to play it, it sez that the game isn't avalible at the moment, try again later. So i shut down my Computer and turned it on again. Now i wanna connect with steam to play games, but it does not make some connection. I dont know if this is the problem what you guys all have, but i hope someone can help me. I think tomorrow its all normal like always -.-
I have this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ problem too, i just downloaded IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 1 day ago and yet can't connect the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ steam icone on my pc. Says i have no connection but hell if i dont have how i can publish this comment? Please help guys... i just spent ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 29,29 euros on my IL-2 cliffs of dover and 6.99 on 1946 help...
< >
Beiträge 115 von 18
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 11. Dez. 2012 um 8:12