Este tópico foi fechado
marin. 9 dez. 2012 às 21:55
"Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers"
Ever since the big picture update, steam has been being a ♥♥♥♥♥.

After updating steam recently, I haven't been able to connect to steam at all. No online friends no nothing. It said at the bottom of the window "No connection".

I got sick of it and tried re-installing steam and now I can't even log in. Every time I try to log in there's a pop up that says "Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers".

Here are some things that I have tried to fix this problem.

1. Re-install steam (obviously that didn't work. -.- )

2. Contact steam support. ( Still no reply as of today. -_-')

3. Tried changing my account password on the login by clicking retrieve lost account but "Steam currently cannot process this request" pops out...........seriously....what the ♥♥♥♥.....I didn't find an option for this on the website.

4. Disable firewall

I would be really helpful if someone could provide me with some solutions. Thanks :)

< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 894 comentários
JacobU  [developer] 9 dez. 2012 às 22:17 
If you are sure it isnt a network or security software issue then please try this to ensure the right files are removed: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638
marin. 9 dez. 2012 às 23:40 
Originalmente postado por JacobU:
If you are sure it isnt a network or security software issue then please try this to ensure the right files are removed: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638

I tried doing everything that link told me to do and this is what happened.

deleted everything except for the steam.exe and resource. I don't have any games installed because I reinstalled steam so I guess that's why there was no steamapps file and. I didn't delete the resource file because I couldn't I tried deleting it but it said that it is in use even though I exited steam.

I restarted my computer and steam started to update automatically without me doing anything.
marin. 9 dez. 2012 às 23:44 
Originalmente postado por ;846939071342681969:
What protection software do you use? And do you have PeerBlock installed?

I have Avast as my protection software (free version). I had peerblocker installed before because I saw your reply to someone else's thread. But I uninstalled it because it didn't make a difference.
marin. 10 dez. 2012 às 0:56 
I have no idea what the ♥♥♥♥ just happened.....but steam just suddenly started to work again....

Thanks for the help though Jacob and Fred. Really appreciate it :)
What was the last thing you did? I'm having the same problem and I've done all the things you've done and still no result.
marin. 10 dez. 2012 às 19:31 
I tried everything the techies told me to do but nothing worked, then suddenly my friend told my to try to log in and it worked
Tex Conway 12 dez. 2012 às 1:03 
Could not connect to Steam network...
Hi there,

as of late I am having a recurring issue with the Steam server. 6 years of no service interruptions and now, after 24+ hours, I am still unable to connect to the Steam network.

I receive the error: Could not connect to Steam network. This could be a problem with your internet connection or with the Steam servers. Visit steampowered.com for more information.

I've done some digging and found numerous discussions on the same topic. The most recent of which dating just a few months ago. They all list various steps to check to optimize the connection to the network, yet none of them are resolved.

What I've done to try and fix the issue:

-Restarted computer 4-5 times and ran Steam.exe from folder as Admin
-Disabled all virus protection/firewalls completely
-Reset IE settings to default, then manually adjust the settings to allow the minimum security 3 times
-Reset router 5 times
-Forwarded necessary ports for steam client
-Deleted all files from Steam folder (except Steamapps folder and main application executable)
-Waited many hours to see if it was a slight service interruption

Even worse, since I've deleted the files in the steam folder forcing it to reapply the updates, I've been prompted with a new, even more perplexing error message. The error message reads word for word as follows: (ERROR) Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam, you must first connect to the Internet. And on top of this every single time I request a new page on this website, I must check my email, and enter the randomly generated access code for new machine security. Yet I've been on the same machine for a long time now.

What I'm basically getting at here is, WTH is going on with my Steam?

smashdadrum 13 dez. 2012 às 11:55 
exact same thing is happening to me, steam support hasn't helped me at all, and no other users experiencing this problem seem to know how to fix it, and there are a lot of them. also some of my games appear to be missing from my library the 1 in 50 times it lets me log in, does this happen to you too? tell me if you find out whats wrong
FluffyTurd 15 dez. 2012 às 16:22 
I'm having the exact same problem. I've reinstalled Steam, disabled antivirus and reset the router. I did a packet capture and all of the Steam packets have bad check sums in the IPv4 headers. My network card seems to be fine otherwise.
BlueIbis 16 dez. 2012 às 6:34 
I've kept back from reinstalling to rerouting and everything in between because it obviously never seems to work but I'm running on my fourth day of seeing that darned error and I've just about had enough...
FluffyTurd 16 dez. 2012 às 11:37 
Just to add this into the mix...I had already ran a 'repair' of Steam through Windows, which changed nothing. I just finished re-downloading Steam and running a repair that way. Afterwards, I ran Steam and it began updating so I thought it was working. Once it finished the updates and tried to connect to the Steam servers, it went back to the original issue. I just don't see any way to fix this and I doubt Steam is going to help.
FluffyTurd 16 dez. 2012 às 13:23 
I got my problem resolved by completely uninstalling Steam, rebooting my PC and reinstalling Steam. I've got to reload all of my games but at least I can connect now.
dirtyrig 20 dez. 2012 às 15:39 
I had the same problem today, couldn't figure it out but luckily I resolved it by accident... went to steampowered.com, when i tried to login a warning popped up claiming I was logging in from an unrecognized computer and emailed me a code to verify me. Once I entered the verification code the steam application was able to connect.
noobfactor 20 dez. 2012 às 15:59 
that was my issue hit me out of nowhere entered the code and all is fine
DrVillainous 21 dez. 2012 às 15:17 
If anyone's found a solution to this I'd like to know it, I've been having the same problem since the 5th.
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 894 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 9 dez. 2012 às 21:55
Comentários: 894