Extraneous Solution Dec 6, 2012 @ 9:19pm
Can't connect to Steam
I was using the Steam client yesterday when I realized that my games library only showed that I owned 12 games. I went to my steam community profile and it showed 53, which I believe is how many I really have. Thinking there was some issue I exited steam, then tried to restart the program. After repeated attempts, including a system reboot and unplugging my ethernet cable, it says that I could not connect to Steam network. Then it talks about my internet connection or checking this website. One of my Steam friends texted me and said I'm still showing as online. I have opened the Task manager and steam is not running in the background. I also tried getting onto Steam from my laptop, which ended up with the same message.
I'm about to just uninstall and reinstall steam, but that means I'd have to redownload all my games so I really don't want to. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I've had a support ticket open for over a day but who knows how long that will take to get answered.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
JLH Dec 6, 2012 @ 9:42pm 
open task manager then open processes then right click steam from the list and select end process. then steam should work for you.
Extraneous Solution Dec 6, 2012 @ 10:42pm 
Already did that. Steam wasn't showing as running. Ended up uninstalling Steam and then reinstalling it. Seemed to work.
Sepioth Dec 6, 2012 @ 10:49pm 
delete everything from your steam folder besides Steam.exe and the steamapps folder.

Run steam from the exe file and it will reinstall steam.

The steamapps folder are your games. As long as you do not delete that you will not need to download your games again.
Fred Dec 6, 2012 @ 11:30pm 
Wait it out, that is all you can do for now. Also, the Steam Library will show games only. The count on your profile will show downloadable content as well as games.
nep411 Apr 10, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
Originally posted by Sepioth:
delete everything from your steam folder besides Steam.exe and the steamapps folder.

The steamapps folder are your games. As long as you do not delete that you will not need to download your games again.

I too am having this problem. I tried this and I still can't connect through steam.
Fred Apr 10, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
Originally posted by nep411:
Originally posted by Sepioth:

I too am having this problem. I tried this and I still can't connect through steam.

Create your own thread where you will be guided towards a solution.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2012 @ 9:19pm