Quaden May 14, 2013 @ 8:14pm
Stupid Policy
I love the game Terraria. I want some of my friends to give it a try because I think they will enjoy it as much as I do. Today I notice that it is on Steam sale for $3 a copy or 4 copies for $10. I decide to by the four copies for $10 so I can give them out to people I know. The more the merrier after all. Steam will not let me buy the 4 copy bundle because I already own a copy myself.

Their excuse is that the 4 copy bundle delivers 1 copy for the purchaser and 3 copies to give away. What's the difference if I want to keep one or give all 4 away you are still getting the same amount of money for 4 copies!!!!

Congrats Steam, you just lost a sale.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Archer May 14, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
Then just buy them individually, it's doesn't cost much more anyway...
Last edited by Archer; May 14, 2013 @ 8:42pm
w3ps May 14, 2013 @ 9:09pm 
I agree. lame policy. They would have still gotten their 10 bucks, now they get nothing
massendo May 15, 2013 @ 1:28am 
Originally posted by Gauron:
I'm sorry, but four times $3 isn't equal to $10, it's actually $12...
I have to agree with the original poster
ᴷᴬᴿᴿ May 15, 2013 @ 1:40am 
Originally posted by massendo:
Originally posted by Gauron:
I'm sorry, but four times $3 isn't equal to $10, it's actually $12...
I have to agree with the original poster

I have to agree with Gauron... $10 vs $12 'doesn't cost much more anyway' so he is correct. He never mentioned "equal"!

But the policy is to stop people from buying up hundreds of 4 packs, keeping them for ages and then selling them for a massive profit down the line because they effectively get a copy 'free'. In the short term the publishers get a lot of money, but over time they would lose on a lot of sales.
massendo May 15, 2013 @ 1:50am 
Oops, I didn't see the 'much'... I'll blame my dyslexia on that and apologise.

And I've not thought about the reselling argument. That makes sense. I can still understand the OP's frustration, but I guess it's unavoidable.
Thank you for clearing it up.
2point4 May 15, 2013 @ 8:26am 
Originally posted by KARR:
But the policy is to stop people from buying up hundreds of 4 packs, keeping them for ages and then selling them for a massive profit down the line because they effectively get a copy 'free'. In the short term the publishers get a lot of money, but over time they would lose on a lot of sales.
This might seem right, but then the four packs have been like this since long before we had inventories and the ability to hoard and trade. What was the excuse before then?
Count Tito Von Shivanstein May 15, 2013 @ 10:24am 
Originally posted by 2point4:
Originally posted by KARR:
This might seem right, but then the four packs have been like this since long before we had inventories and the ability to hoard and trade. What was the excuse before then?
The same. Just change trading for gifting.
Game Gifts were traded long before Valve added proper trading abilities to Steam.
lamun417 May 27, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
its $3 buy another gift for friend. although i understand your gripe it'd be diifferent if you learned this lesson on a 60$ game
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 14, 2013 @ 8:14pm