Bryan May 9, 2013 @ 1:42pm
Cannot add funds to STEAM wallet.
I've never had this problem before, and I've used this same payment method many times in the past, just as a FYI before you read on.

I went out and grabbed a $50 Prepaid Visa as I normally would if I wanted to buy some stuff on STEAM. It's activated, it works everywhere else, but when I try to make a $20 purchase (I still have about $45 left on the thing) on STEAM (via the wallet, since I'm grabbing dota 2 items) I get a (paraphrased) "Sorry, something went wrong. Please contact steam support.", and a link to this area.

Any advice on how to proceed?

EDIT: Also, could/does this have anything to do with server downtime or something?
Last edited by Bryan; May 9, 2013 @ 1:55pm
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
ZMLJ May 23, 2013 @ 2:40pm 
looks like im not alone. My card still worked yesterday, but not today. I've been trying again and again even hookin up my bank for assistances, there seems no problem with my card.
Rooskie May 23, 2013 @ 6:31pm 
I also went out yesterday and bought a prepaid credit card to buy the compendium and other Dota 2 items but it hasn't worked since and it works on other sites too so I don't know what's going on I was hoping it would be working when I woke up but nope...
Falro the Great May 23, 2013 @ 6:38pm 
Have you tried contacting Support, like it told you to?
ZMLJ May 23, 2013 @ 10:49pm 
Okay guys, I found it's working for me now. I saw a post from Steam forum and there was many people also having this problem. What I did is open up steam folder (steam root folder) C:/Program FIles/Steam somethiing like this I don't know how yours looks like, delete everything except Steam.exe and Steamapps Folder, once you've deleted everything, run Steam.exe and you Steam shall starts downloading some files. It shoud be working after then.
I don't know if it this solves my problem but I'm able to add steam funds again now.
Rooskie May 23, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
I tried that yesterday and it didn't work, I only have a steam.exe.old in my steam folder not a steam.exe and I do have the steamapps though
Rooskie May 24, 2013 @ 12:21am 
Did it again but correctly this time and still won't let me add funds to my steam wallet just keeps saying "An unexpected error has occured" it says the same thing when I try it on the website and in the Steam client.
Rooskie May 24, 2013 @ 11:42pm 
So I tested the card it worked on another site but won't work on steam for some reason, I went out and bought another one and still the same thing and havnt heard anything yet from customer support so wtf..
윤보미 Jun 9, 2013 @ 7:51am 
I'm Having the same problem ... I was trying to buy a Compedium ...How do I solve this problem?
Radioactive☣ Apr 5, 2014 @ 10:57am 
same i really need to add funds someone please help!
PrinceofDerpness Apr 9, 2014 @ 9:54am 
I think I might of found 1 solution try to re-type in the card info. and then try purchasing something.
[)R/\(UL/\.C2SOLO May 14, 2014 @ 2:33am 
Why the F*ck we need to fix the problem our own when the steam company wants our money? so they will give us work before able to give them money such Bu**S*t
biggdillon Sep 6, 2014 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Rooskie:
So I tested the card it worked on another site but won't work on steam for some reason, I went out and bought another one and still the same thing and havnt heard anything yet from customer support so wtf..
✞NinjaMackerel✞[<3Dashie] Dec 2, 2014 @ 12:53am 
I have 2 accounts on steam that have my credit card. They work for both and I added funds once on my second account. My billing address is entirely correct but it won't work again. (An unexpected error occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support)
☢ƬØЯÐ☢ Apr 17 @ 4:42pm 
SOMEONE HELP US, GABE IF YOUR HEARING THIS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mistickalone30 Apr 17 @ 5:14pm 
hmm
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 9, 2013 @ 1:42pm