Allopat Feb 25, 2013 @ 7:10pm
"Free Crysis 3" blocked caller
Hey, guys. About an hour ago I received a voicemail, about 30 seconds long, saying that it was the Steam head director and they were going to give me a free copy of Crysis 3 because I "joined in the past year." This is BS, right?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Allopat Feb 25, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
Yeah, no need to reply. Turns out the game's not even available on Steam. Probably should've checked that out first before I asked... Whatever. My bad
Jimathus Grandi Feb 25, 2013 @ 10:37pm 
Yeah have to agree, Valve would never do this. Many people are on the do not call registry. Sounds like a scam, but now you need to wonder how they got your number. Sounds like someones database got hacked. Not necessarily Steam, who knows maybe Origin was hacked. :D I can just guess how the rest of the conversation would go. Just give us your login and password and we'll put the game in your library. Sounds like a whole new level of scam if they are calling your home.
Tito Shivan Feb 26, 2013 @ 7:46am 
A Steam admin
Offering you an EA game
That is Not available on Steam
... He would be more convincing if he told you he was your nigerian causing with a million dollars.

If I were you, I'd start looking around on your real life friends. The Scammer may be closer than you think.
Allopat Feb 26, 2013 @ 11:37am 
The person was clearly masking his voice. It sounded like a little kid, but when I first heard it, it sounded like an old lady. Anyway, I'm gonna put myself on the Do Not Call List. Thanks for your help, guys.
Crackhead88 May 5, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
If you need to ask, chances are you are doomed to fall for scams
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2013 @ 7:10pm