Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Remote Installations
I was able to remotely install games this morning, but now cannot via the instructions here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6324-IGHC-5301
Was this feature removed? If so, please bring it back :)
< >
Показване на 1-5 от 5 коментара
The instructions are still there:

Remote Downloads are enabled from any web browser when you leave the Steam application running on your PC or Mac. Of course, we only recommend you do this on your own private, secured computer.

When you’re logged into Steam on your home PC or Mac, you can manage your library by visiting your Games list on the web.

Log into your Steam account online from your computer or mobile device at www.steampowered.com
Visit your Games list by navigating to the Community and then clicking GAMES in the secondary navigation bar. If you’re logged into the Steam client, the games list will reflect the installation state of your library on that machine.
Locate your game and tap the install button to initiate your remote download.

You may choose to refresh this page to check the current status of your installation. When you return to your active client session, your game will be ready to play!
Hi. I know the instructions are still there, and I can see that steam is still running at home via TeamViewer, but I am not seeing the link for 'Games' anymore, just 'Game Hubs'. If someone else can verify on their account, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
I can't find it either, and am rather confused. The instructions still exist in the same location, but they should take them down because they are incredibly misleading. After being able to purchase games remotely, remote download is logical next reason I downloaded their mobile app.
Aiight, so I just figured it out, the instructions are incorrect.

On the steamcommunity.com site, click on your user icon or select View Profile. in the Right Nav, below Actions, select Games. Select All Games. Every game that's not installed should have a download icon on the right hand side. And it works.

Similarly on the mobile app, on the Top Nav select your user name/icon, select "View and search all # games." From there you should have a list of games and a download icon adjacent to each game not already installed.

Steam should update their instructions.
UPDATE - NOT WORKING FOR ME?

I purchased a game this morning that, when the purchase was complete, it offered to remotely install for me, so I said yes. I then realized I could possibly do the same for other games.

I found the help instructions, despite them being outdated I managed to find the games list section...but all of the games say "This game cannot be remotely controlled".

Why can I choose to remotely install directly after a purchase, but not otherwise?
< >
Показване на 1-5 от 5 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 21 февр. 2013 в 12:07
Публикации: 5