[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 23, 2013 @ 8:58pm
D: Oh no!
please don't tell me they have redesigned a new layout in screenshots and other content items :/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140991662

(sorry if the screenshot image is innapropriate, it was just what I picked at first glance)
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 23, 2013 @ 9:55pm
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 23, 2013 @ 9:03pm 
If this is the case...it is even more unnecessarily complex than it needs to be.

I was told by an old wise soul: ''If it ain't broke, don't fix it''.
I prefer the old layout. Because it is more easier to navigate than this :/

From what I can gather, it seems as though the aspect ratio has been changed?
So now I am only seeing parts of the stuff, instead of the old clearer version, where I could see everything all nice and in its place. Honestly it was fine as it was.

If this aspect ratio alteration is the case, I hope I don't have to actually change my monitor settings and end up messing up all my game screens...are there settings here in Steam?

I just don't know where to look, the whole layout is a mess and a nightmare to use, just like all internet interfaces in this new time we live in. It's just taking a while for me to adapt as I havent used the internet long enough to have had the same experience as everyone else...

'rolling cheese' has posted a thread about the crazy climbing number of items we have. This is still climbing and will end up being a drain or worse a crash of the servers...Is Valve aware of this glitch? My workshop is a mess..and the number of screenshots it is telling me I have is almost as phenominal as the rate of increase (of the numbers)!....
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:25pm
FrazerJC Apr 23, 2013 @ 9:32pm 
I MUCH prefer that layout to the old layout, but there's still a major problem in my books regarding Steam screenshots (and guides, for that matter):

If I click on it, I want it to open the page "properly", not as an overlay on top of the page. In addition to this, if I'm viewing with my web browser and I'm middle clicking, I want it to open the screenshot in a new tab. I know this latter point happens in some cases, but in other cases middle clicking does absolutely nothing.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 23, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
In fact, when you click on the link address of the screenshot, you actually get
the old layout! LOL

The image is now half the size :( things are getting smaller and smaller! haha!
Rodfeir Apr 23, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
I MUCH prefer that layout to the old layout, but there's still a major problem in my books regarding Steam screenshots (and guides, for that matter):

If I click on it, I want it to open the page "properly", not as an overlay on top of the page. In addition to this, if I'm viewing with my web browser and I'm middle clicking, I want it to open the screenshot in a new tab. I know this latter point happens in some cases, but in other cases middle clicking does absolutely nothing.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 23, 2013 @ 11:55pm 
What's your point? Why have you quoted and not said anything?

If you agree and this is just a typical example of LAZINESS then please, don't do that, it is ANNOYING

When clicking on your screenshot now, ..When you click to look at the comments, the only way to get back is to close the window?....
Nope, the old layout was WAAAAY better, the image has been cut down in size, the caption has been shoved over to the right, AWAY from the picture, it is camoflaged now which defeats the object in my opinion, other people's comments are minimised to the first few words. So you have to click on 'view comments' ANYWAY and wait for that to potentially never load now...it's unnecessary and worse than it was before.

WHY DID THEY TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WASNT ANYWHERE NEAR BROKEN?

What the hell just happened at Valve?..some one drop Halucigenic drugs into the water coolers?...Why did they feel the need to mess with things?...it has messed up our accounts now. There's no way in my possible wildest dreams I have made 154 Workshop items..in fact, they have been repeated! as with my screenshots! It's just a mess with duplicate images, Which are now at risk of being lost >.<

Just a big FLOP and a waste of time and money really...I think the glitch will need some down time to fix tbh, which is going to end up getting a ton of deathmatch players banned for dropping out of their servers...

Deary me....Valve, ah well, we can forgive you, everyone makes mistakes, but please, now that it ACTUALLY IS BROKEN, D'you think you can get around to fixing it for us?
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 24, 2013 @ 6:27pm
FrazerJC Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:13am 
Originally posted by TOFK Master Dan.:
What's your point? Why have you quoted and not said anything?

If you agree and this is just a typical example of LAZINESS then please, don't do that, it is ANNOYING
I think it is just a way of showing you agree with a comment, without typing "I Agree". I don't see a large issue with it because saying "I agree" without a quote could be confusing. Who do they agree with, me or you? While they could have quoted and said "I Agree" at the same time, just quoting gives off the same impression: Would you repeat an opinion to disagree with?

WHY DID THEY TRY TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WASNT ANYWHERE NEAR BROKEN?
But it was broken. Horribly so. The new layout may seem a bit silly to you at first but it truly is a better layout. The old layout of having to click to open up comments which covers the picture was a horrible idea!

it has messed up our accounts now. There's no way in my possible wildest dreams I have made 154 Workshop items..in fact, they have been repeated! as with my screenshots! It's just a mess with duplicate images, Which are now at risk of being lost >.<
Changing the layout didn't do that. An error in the backend did that.

Just a big FLOP and a waste of time and money really...I think the glitch will need some down time to fix tbh, which is going to end up getting a ton of deathmatch players banned for dropping out of their servers...
If players get banned for Steam downtime (which, might I add, would only be a few minutes long to patch this issue) then those who are hosting such servers/tournaments are not worth anyones' time.

D'you think you can get around to fixing it for us? Thanks :/
It is currently 8:10AM for Valve. While, yes, it is a bit of an annoying issue regarding the duplication of items they aren't going to work through the night to fix this slight issue with the Community website.
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:20am 
Yes, you told me already....

I still think players get the silly ban y'know...which is very wrong...
just quoting and not saying anything is lazy and ignorant. (yup, it bugs me, sue me)

I suppose I can concede the other points..nice point of view there...feels better than my grumpy one! But I still think the old screenie was better grrr!...
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:21am
FrazerJC Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:46am 
Yes, you told me already....
Apologies. I don't tend to keep note of what I exactly said to who! ;)

But I still think the old screenie was better grrr!...
Which is fair enough; we're all entitled to our opinions!
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:11am 
(To be fair I am shpieling all over the place so...)

I'd love to know what was causing the screenshot and workshop duplications though,
As I was watching it, it was doubling, 22(orig), then to 44, 88, but then 152... then stopped!...I wonder what that could have been?

My friend also told me that the screenshot layout when set in 16 x 9 ratio it looks better, so I will try that for th e size at least..and just 'deal' with the rest lol..

Anyway, thanks for making me realise about the time difference point, How short sighted of me />.<\
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:13am
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 24, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Thurs 25/04/13:... 00:11 GMT:
I just noticed on my profile that The issue with the screenshot count has been Fixed.

I'd like to say a big Thank you to Valve for sorting this promptly..we may jump to the mark to slag them off, but it should also be mentioned when they deserve Credit where credit is due. So...

Thanks Valve..

(wow, It posted about 7 of these entries just then?, no kidding!...had to delete them before I get accused of spamming, again..) Anyway, problem looks like it has been fixed, I can see that Valve is constantly evolving and changing, perhaps technology will be more stable in the near future...only time will tell :I
Last edited by [KL] Master Dan [StormCats]; Apr 24, 2013 @ 4:14pm
Samalot Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:19pm 
People on the steam forums whining when even the slightest thing changes. Who'd have thought it, eh??
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Apr 24, 2013 @ 8:28pm 
heh heh, yup.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2013 @ 8:58pm