Starfish Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:40am
Keep loosing connection to Steam-network
Hey Valve,
i know this probably has been talked about, but i keep getting disconnected to the steam-network and i know that a lot of people have the same problem. I dont usually write in these Forums or complain a lot but this became really anoying over the last days. My games are in fact unplayable!
PLEASE FIX THIS ! =(

Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Sicko (Banned) Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:40am 
No problem here.
Starfish Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:43am 
Well, i'm glad for you.
FrazerJC Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:44am 
Any error messages?
How often does this happen?
Are you on a wireless or wired connection to the internet?
Sicko (Banned) Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:46am 
If no one else (well i can bet there is someone else there with this problem and more right this moment) is having problems than it is a problem on your end either through your pc or your isp with a bad node.

Internet 101
Starfish Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:47am 
No errorcodes, if that is what you mean, i just get informed that my connection to steam is longer active. It happens roughly every 10 minutes or so. I'm on a wired connection.
Starfish Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:49am 
Originally posted by Sicko:
If no one else (well i can bet there is someone else there with this problem and more right this moment) is having problems than it is a problem on your end either through your pc or your isp with a bad node.

Internet 101

As i said before, i read about numerous people having the same problem.
(and dont tell me about internet 101, i studied computer science)
FrazerJC Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:55am 
Do you find your connection drops with other programs, even if for only half a second?
May I suggest you turn off your router for two minutes and then turn it back on? (That'll sound stupid, but it _CAN_ help with a connection that is dropping, even on a wired connection.)
Last edited by FrazerJC; Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:56am
Starfish Feb 22, 2013 @ 6:51am 
restarting the router seems to have solved the problem :3
thank you based god for onodera Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
I just started getting the same thing man. I connect by wireless adapters, and it has been working smoothly for the past few years. But now starting today, I keep getting a disconnected status every times I try to log in. And logging in is a pain in the ♥♥♥ as well. It keeps saying there's an update, then there isn't one. After that it takes 5 years to finally get to the Steam Hub. Just as I get there and say ONE thing to a friend, DISCONNECTED.
Last edited by thank you based god for onodera; Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:32pm
柠檬茶 Apr 24, 2013 @ 9:01pm 
I can't connect to steam, so I'm always forced to go to offline mode for no reason, especially when my internet connection is running smoothly.. I had to uninstall & reinstall but now it's happening again...
thank you based god for onodera Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
Wait, so is uninstalling the only way to fix this? I don't want to have to redownload my games...
BigVainyDucks Jun 30, 2013 @ 10:18pm 
Im have the same problem. I'll log nto steam, go into a tf2 server, then 1-30 minutes later it disconnects. (Warning:Auto disconnecting from sever in 25 seconds). Then my steam goes offline and sometimes it will reconnect , but most times I have to log off and wait a few minutes. Ive tried reinstalling, power sourcing my modem, deleting certain files, then restoring them, switching to steam beta and back. My internet connection doesn't go out, and its not slow (so don't ask). I have no viruses (that my protection is aware of at least). This all started happening very recently (few days ago) and I never had problems with steam client before. Any ideas?-Ok done.
jamace6 Jun 30, 2013 @ 10:23pm 
I've had no problems.
Oberon Mar 25 @ 9:12am 
If I don't play for a while and steam is open it goes into disconnected/offline mode and the only way to start it up is to close the program (and kill all the programs that run in the background and start it up again) Running MacBook WiFi all other apps connections work fine - just Steam goes and falls asleep and won't wake up!
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2013 @ 3:40am