mundox Mar 20, 2013 @ 3:31pm
Question about Early Access
My question is one from the customer point of view, do we still have the option to cancel our "pre-purchase" when the game is part of the Early Access program?

So it's cool that steam is giving this option to developers so they can get feedback directly from their costumers and get bigger testing groups to debug their games.

I mean I totally get that if you buy one of this games you have to totally be aware that you are buying an unfinished product NOT A DEMO, but what if during the development time it comes to a point that we notice that there's no way the game will be ready for an acceptable launch and we don't feel that we should be paying "full price" for it, and want to back out of it.
Last edited by mundox; Mar 20, 2013 @ 3:32pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
No. Early access is not considered a pre-order and you can not cancel it. It is like any other game you buy.

Think of it like a form of kickstarter, but on a working, running game.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:00pm
Nightmare Sasha Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:44pm 
Desura already does this. I like the idea that Steam is doing it too :D
Titanius Cocksmith Mar 20, 2013 @ 11:50pm 
So if i buy the game in early access... Do i get to keep it when its finished or am i just paying for to get into the beta without owning a finished product when the game is finished? Any1 knows?
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:06am 
Originally posted by IDJ Titanius Anglesmith:
So if i buy the game in early access... Do i get to keep it when its finished or am i just paying for to get into the beta without owning a finished product when the game is finished? Any1 knows?

Yes the game is yours. You're paying for early access + release
Titanius Cocksmith Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:18am 
Originally posted by TenClub 89:
Originally posted by IDJ Titanius Anglesmith:

Yes the game is yours. You're paying for early access + release

Ty! <3
10Club Mar 21, 2013 @ 12:24am 
You're welcome =)
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2013 @ 3:31pm