(Tuxy)Twoony Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:01pm
steam games run like crap on linux.
i cant be the only one. ive tried different hardware combos and different distros.

TF2 is worse than it was 2 months ago !?! lagging, players sliding (not linux specific but still destroying the game) pile of dung

killing floor laggin out big time

Tiny big adventure looks great and even runs well but behind the smooth fps is my gpu's fan running 75% and upto 100% on the static exit screen of the demo.

trine 2 has graphical shadow glitches which i can live with, but the performance is below average also

why then is it that ANYTHING that runs on Desura runs like a dream? even the same bloody games that are on steam ?

the client is out of beta now, and TF2 is the biggest game Valve has and its complete ♥♥♥♥,takes an age to load aswell.

im a big linux fan but this is really, crap i wont buy anymore games just for linux in fear of them running ♥♥♥♥♥♥ unless there on windows so i know i can at least play them.

I have a 64bit linux (doesnt everyone!!!) KDE desktop. i have tried on XCFE and also gnome and it is the same.

Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
@tila Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:46pm 
Try running steam on Wine i would say
bsca Apr 11, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
Use the most up-to-date driver for your nividia/ati card (going so far as the beta) AND, if you're using an AMD processor with onboard graphics (FM1, FM2), go into the bios/advanced/north bridge setting, find the setting for auto/force the amount of system memory reserved for the onboard GFX and set it to 1 or more gigs worth of your memory. If you have a dedicated graphics card, chances are there's not enough memory to run the game well, based on your system's resources and requirements.
(Tuxy)Twoony Apr 14, 2013 @ 11:01am 
thanks for the tip. games are running a slight bit better with the latest drivers and some steam updates but i suppose until a real flagship game comes across to linux that tests the gpu v windows we wont be able to properly compare how the platform as a whole is evolving
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:01pm